What's new

Does Component to DVI adapter increase picture quality? (1 Viewer)

Omer Ayasli

Auditioning
I have a component connection from my receiver to my projector. The projector also has a DVI inputadapter. If I was to install a Component to DVI adapter then would the actual picture quality get better or would it basically be the same? thanks

Omer

Brad E

Second Unit
I wasn't even aware that there was such thing as a component to dvi adapter.
But if there is, it would essentially be the same as using regular comoponent cables because the signal is still being converted to analog, then back to digital.

The benefit of dvi is that the signal remains digital the whole way.

Omer Ayasli

Auditioning
Projector is Benq PB 8700 which has both Component and DVI inputs. SO your saying the signal would stay the same with the DVI input adapter.

Massimo N

Stunt Coordinator
I'd agree with the above responses. With all being equal, you will get the same picture out of the DVI input. You will have more work, as you will have to re-calibrate another input.

I'd put the money towards a DVI or HDMI player ... here you will definitely see a difference and where the 8700 shines. If you get an HDMI player, you will need an HDMI - DVI connector or cable.

I'm using the Panasonic DVD- S97 with my BENQ8700+ and I'm really enjoying the results.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks