What's new

Does color matter? (1 Viewer)

Bob_Lawrance

Stunt Coordinator
I was wondering what you guys felt about color for your speakers.

I have an option of picking the color of the cabinets and I was wondering if most be still get black or do they venture and get other colors.

Thanks in advance.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
I love rosewood. If price was not a concern, I would opt for rosewood. Right now I have a mix. I would venture to guess that those with the $$ are buying wood finishes, those short $, get black. I'd be interested in knowing which the wives like better, wood or black.

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
During my HT selling days, women overwhelmingly preferred wood finishes. But after that choice was made, the 2nd was *which* wood finish matched their furniture.

I also like wood finishes myself, cherry being one of my favorites. Light ones like birch or maple can be really nice but only if everything else (i.e. furniture) is that color too.

There are a few speakers I like with black finishes, but the styling of the speaker itself has to match that color's "mood" for me to like it. I've noticed very few women like black speakers of any kind.

Bob_Lawrance

Stunt Coordinator
I am thinking of gettig the cherrywood finsh, Most of the color in the room is black and there is a piano with deep cherry in it as well. Should look good.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
WAF usually dictates something that draws as little attention to them as possible, and especially that at least somewhat matches the furuniture/theme.

I like Cherry and Birdseye Maple. My current main speakers are light cherry, matching surrounds are black.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
I've always been a fan of the typical black speakers with black grilles.....but now that I own some really nice speakers finished in Italian Ebony, I appreciate them a lot more. When I upgrade my subwoofer I'll probably opt for one of SVS's nicer cabinets as opposed to the textured black.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks