Does color matter?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Bob_Lawrance, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Bob_Lawrance

Bob_Lawrance Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering what you guys felt about color for your speakers.

I have an option of picking the color of the cabinets and I was wondering if most be still get black or do they venture and get other colors.

Thanks in advance.

2. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

I love rosewood. If price was not a concern, I would opt for rosewood. Right now I have a mix. I would venture to guess that those with the $$ are buying wood finishes, those short $, get black. I'd be interested in knowing which the wives like better, wood or black.

3. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

During my HT selling days, women overwhelmingly preferred wood finishes. But after that choice was made, the 2nd was *which* wood finish matched their furniture.

I also like wood finishes myself, cherry being one of my favorites. Light ones like birch or maple can be really nice but only if everything else (i.e. furniture) is that color too.

There are a few speakers I like with black finishes, but the styling of the speaker itself has to match that color's "mood" for me to like it. I've noticed very few women like black speakers of any kind.

4. Bob_Lawrance

Bob_Lawrance Stunt Coordinator

I am thinking of gettig the cherrywood finsh, Most of the color in the room is black and there is a piano with deep cherry in it as well. Should look good.

5. BrianTwig

BrianTwig Second Unit

Wives like inwalls or other "hidden" speakers.

6. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    WAF usually dictates something that draws as little attention to them as possible, and especially that at least somewhat matches the furuniture/theme.

I like Cherry and Birdseye Maple. My current main speakers are light cherry, matching surrounds are black.

7. AlanZ

AlanZ Screenwriter

I've always been a fan of the typical black speakers with black grilles.....but now that I own some really nice speakers finished in Italian Ebony, I appreciate them a lot more. When I upgrade my subwoofer I'll probably opt for one of SVS's nicer cabinets as opposed to the textured black.