What's new

Does Big-screen/HD gaming make you better? (1 Viewer)

EdR

Second Unit
I'm fairly new to big screen gaming. After borrowing a DLP projector from work, I decided that I needed to own one. A little over a week ago I got an NEC LT260 DLP (which I am extremely happy with)

I'm noticing a trend in some games which I'm curious if others have noticed. In most racing games, I've handily beaten my best times (which were set on a 27" TV), in other games (like Rez) my scores have improved.

I haven't had the projector long enough to check this trend with all my games, but I'm guessing that being able to see more makes you better able to react in fast-moving games.

Is this what others have experienced?

EDIT: Spelling

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Yep, I totally agree. I play much better in almost all games on the bigger screen. Congrats on the projector!

Dean

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Last night during SOCOM i used a 36" TV for the first time and I was on fire, so yes I do think a bigger TV helps out alot.

Dave_Olds

Stunt Coordinator
you are immersed inthe game much more....instead of looking thru a little window - its like being in the game itself....Instead of you being bigger then the game - the game is bigger than you....

Better? not sure....More fun? DEFINITELY

EdR

Second Unit
For sure it's more fun, but I was surprised to see my old times fall.

Especially in WRC, which I played a LOT on my old TV, and had runs I thought I'd never beat. I sat down to play again after a bit of a layoff, and in no time I was wiping out my old times.

I felt like I could see the subtleties in the tracks, that I guess I missed on the small screen.

I had a similar experience in RalliSport, especially in the iceracing. I found it very dificult to even stay on the track for a 7 lap race, but on a 70" screen I finished first one of those difficult races.

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
I don't think it makes you better, it does afford you better visibilty and detail.
I suck at NFL Fever 2K3 on my 55" HD set! :laugh:
Troy

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
I tend to do better when playing on the big screen. (have an NEC LT150) It definately helps with being able to see enemies clearer. BTW, congrats on your purchase and welcome to the club!! :D

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I find a HUGE screen makes it harder because some graphics fall into your peripheral vision (that you might need to see) and your eyes get more fatigued scanning the larger screen.

That said, clarity and size are important, but it can be overdone. I wouldn't use a 10-foot screen for gaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks