Does ayone have an RCA RT2600 reciever?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Mike Cavallo, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Mike Cavallo

Mike Cavallo Auditioning

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting in this forum, I am a newbie to the home theater hobby. I've just started out pretty fresh and am hoping to go pretty big. Here's my dilemma: I went off after Christmas and bought a "home theater in a box" system. The RCA RT2600 is what I ended up getting. I've been having weird "problems" with the receiver ever since I got it. For instance, the receiver doesn't push any bass to the sub. So the sub doesn't make any bass. I cant access the bass/treble control from the receiver, without switching the source to "radio". Does anyone have this receiver, ever had it, or ever had to deal with it? I'm looking for someone who can tell me how to make this receiver sound the best, and to get the most function-ability out of it. If you have had it tell me how you liked it and, problems you've had with it, and cool things that can be done with it. In a little while I plan on replacing all the speakers with Bose and replacing the sub with a Polk Audio. The speakers that came with this system suck.
    Thanks alot!
    Any suggestions, feedback, and criticism is greatly appreciated.

- Mike

2. Sekou

Sekou Auditioning

How are you doing? Im new to these threads too but i was wondering if you would sell me the speakers to the RCA RT2600 if you dont need them anymore. thanks

3. Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley Cinematographer

Ed
    Did you go into the receiver's setup menus, and enable the sub? Set the crossover? Set the speakers to "small"?

Why? Why in the world are you going to buy Bose? Don't waste your money that way! You can buy so much better, for the same money! Get Polk speakers, to go with the Polk sub!

Most of the people here, and any other HT forum, will tell you the same thing.

Good luck!

Here is a couple of things to read about Bose:
    http://www.firstadopter.com/fa/archives/001749.html
    http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html