What's new

Does anyone use THESE jbl's? (1 Viewer)

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
JBL has a HT Series line that looks quite interesting, but I never hear about it. They are THX certified and appear to be wonderful speakers. Does anyone use them or have info about them? JBL.com doesn't even really go into all that much detail about them. Can any comparisons be made with other JBL lines?
I see a Performance Series line as well. It appears to be in a similar price range at the HT Series. Any thoughts on these? Comparisons?
Also, that $2,000 HT Series 1,000 watt sub must be somethin' special, if it's THX certified but will only extend to 28Hz at +/-3dB.
Lastly, where can these be purchased? Keep in mind that the closest thing I have to a auditioning place here in NE PA is a Circuit City or a Best Buy (at least to my knowledge).
Any light shed upon this would be appreciated. I'm not exactly looking to buy at the moment, but am mucho curioso.
«edit»
Well, JBL's website only shows a total of four pieces in the HT Series. However, this image shows two more speakers, one of which appears to be a dipole speaker (2nd from the left).
>>scratches head

Frank Kanyak

Stunt Coordinator
Hey neighbor! There is a Tweeter, Palmer Images(very high-end), and another high-end audio-video located on Route #22. In Hazleton there is Northeast Light ans Sound(a Denon authorized dealer). Other than that we don't have much to offer within a 1/2 hour driving radius.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
If you want to demo some JBL's "horn" THX equiptment take a trip to the nearest commercial theater. :)
That HT subwoofer says it's +/- 3 response is down to 28 hz. It can still probably play bass in the lower twenties, just not as loud.
I sorta want to demo them too but I want to demo everything.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
You most likely know there are subs out there that surpass the THX certification specs that are not certified. I do not know if this adds cost or what? Does the maker have to pay big-time for that certification or do they just don't care?

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Frank. Hazelton is more than an hour away from me. I'm just off Rt 6 in Laceyville (about an hour west of Scranton). Vestal/Binghamton is about an hour away as well. I'll have to take a run up there some time and see what there is to see. :emoji_thumbsup:

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
... a HT Series line that looks quite interesting, but I never hear about it.
JBL THX-Certified HT Series loudspeakers were specifically designed for high-end home-theater custom installations. Read JBL dba newsline HT Series News Release ...
• 8 September 2000 - JBL'S NEW HT SERIES LINE OF THX®-CERTIFIED HOME-THEATER LOUDSPEAKERS IS PURPOSE-DESIGNED FOR CUSTOM-INSTALLATION APPLICATIONS
JBL Performance Series was first introduced @ the CES 2000 - as their new top-of-the-line loudspeaker range. Here's JBL's dba newsline News Releases:
• 6 January 2000 - JBL INTRODUCES NEW HIGH-END PERFORMANCE SERIES LOUDSPEAKERS AT CES 2000
• 8 September 2000 - JBL PERFORMANCE™ SERIES LOUDSPEAKERS OFFER FLEXIBLE INSTALLATION OPTIONS FOR HIGH-END HOME THEATER
• 30 May 2002 - JBL TAKES HOME THEATER AND MUSIC REPRODUCTION TO NEW HEIGHTS WITH HIGH-END PERFORMANCE SERIES LOUDSPEAKERS
MISC
JBL Showcased a wide variety of HT & stereo products for the custom-installation and consumer markets ...
• 8 September 2000 - JBL INTRODUCES NEW HT SERIES LINE OF HOME-THEATER LOUDSPEAKERS, SHOWCASES SYNTHESIS® TWO SYSTEM IN ELEGANT THEATER SETTING AT CEDIA 2000
Here's JBL Custom-Installation HT Produce Lineup dba newsline News Release:
• 7 September 2001 - JBL EXPANDS ITS CUSTOM-INSTALLATION HOME THEATER PRODUCT LINEUP WITH ADDITION OF SYNTHESIS® FOUR SYSTEM
Have fun reading,
Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks