What's new

Does anyone use shiva's in there car setup? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
I am going to be buying a new car this summer and with that starts my venture into car audio. I was wondering if anyone has used Adire Audio's Shiva driver in a sealed or ported box for the sub in their car system. I want clean bass, not loud sloppy bass like most of us here nowadays on the highways.
I would probably use a single driver with a high current amp?
NE info would help.
Thanks
Ryan
------------------
Oops...I dropped my eardrums
could you pick them up for
me

SethSpeaks

Auditioning
Hummmm.........
Isn't this is the Home Theater Forum, DIY and Advanced Home Theater Topics section?

TerryC

Stunt Coordinator
I know of three of us on the forum. Me, Julian Data and Lewis Besze.
We all think they perform great and for the money are almost impossible to beat.
Terry

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton
Hehehe-
Well, I started out planning on a Shiva in my trunk, next thing you know, I have a pair of Tempests utilizing my entire 20 cu.ft. trunk as a sealed box (IB design). Throw a simple cap and resistor at the input of the amp, and you have *a bit of headroom* without needing all that much power. The system is functioning now, but still in progress.
Another option which seems even better suited to most average size cars for sealed box use is the SAL-120X series. Very small sealed box with nice response to mate to a car, but wants a little more power to hit full potential. We should see more within the next month or so as to availability of these woofers.
If you want to really go all out with some great quality subs, also look at the drivers made by Lambda Acoustics which Stryke is distributing as the SAL-PL series. The 12" drivers look to offer some nice options for car use. Other benefit is that these ARE available with small lead time after an order.
Hope this helps,
Mark Seaton
PS - the above being said while I'm considering designing a sub for a friend's GMC Yukon using TWO of the new 18" drivers Adire will soon introduce :D.

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
Thanks Mark and Terry that helps. It gives me something to thin kabout when designing the box as well.
------------------
Oops...I dropped my eardrums
could you pick them up for
me

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks