Does anyone use a mouse or keyboard on their PS2??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rob Varto, Nov 29, 2001.

1. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

With the imminent release of Max Payne and other First Person Shooters, has anyone planned to or already played a FPS with a USB keyboard and mouse? I know the game needs to support these inputs, so do you think Max Payne will?

Just trying to turn with one stick and move with another is damn near impossible.

2. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

Come on, anyone?

3. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

Don't have a PS2 so.....

But Max Payne is not a FPS, it is 3rd person and should probably work fairly well with a control pad. Mouse and KB might be preferable though, and since it's a port of a PC game, I can't see why it wouldn't support a Mouse and KB.

4. Romier S

Romier S Producer

I will be soon enough with the release of Dues Ex eminent on the platform. I have the game on the PC but as most can attest too its direct X performance was less than stellar so I pretty much stopped playing it cause I couldn't deal with the low framerate (which is ashame I know as I really loved the game and was very much into it). When they announced the PS2 version I was so very hoping they would add mouse and keyboard support and when Spector said it was in I was totally sold. They have a new video of the game on gamespot and the it is looking very solid. Excellent framerate from what I saw, but anyway back to topic.....[​IMG]
    So yes I will be soon.