What's new

Does Anyone Up Here Like Big Trouble (2002)? (1 Viewer)

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
The only reason I ask is because I watched it for the first time on Encore back in December and I could not stop laughing at it. It is some of the funniest stuff I've ever seen, and it's only 85 minutes.

BTW, I have read the novel it was based on, and it is just as funny if not funnier.

Does anyone else up her like the movie "Big Trouble" (2002)or am I the only one?

tyler payne

Second Unit
Real Name
tyler payne
Was that a goat?

Great movie. The Stanley Tucci/Sofia Vergara toe licking scene gets me every time. And what's with the Martha Stewart obsession within the movie? I don't know either, but it's damn funny.

I think what I like best about this movie is that it doesn't take itself too seriously. It doesn't try to be something it's not. In that respect some of the jokes play much better than they would if they were "forced" at you.

Once again a real funny movie I bought "blind" and have not regretted.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I really liked it.

But that said, I am a big fan of Dave Barry, and I think the original book is a work of incredible brilliance. It may not be Oscar WIlde, but dammit if it isn't one the funniest books I have ever read. When I heard that they were making a film of it, I was curious. While I liked the cast, I thought they were surely going to have to trim huge chunks out of the book, simply because so much happens it would surely be impossible to contain all that in a movie, especially a movie that only runs for 80 minutes. I was astonished to find everything was in the film, even the Seminal Fluids and the radio programme with the Gator fans. While there were a few minor changes, mostly Martha Stewart, and the minor changes to the final act, it was astonishing how faithful it was. And how funny.

Shea

Stunt Coordinator
Local store that had a video department closed down the vid department awhile back and sold many of their dvd's at 99 cents..and I picked this one up..Funny movie!

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Unlike me, my wife has to watch a new movie once in awhile (not, say, JAWS for the 2435th time) so we picked up this movie and I thought it was very funny throughout. I remember that it was panned when it was released so I never bothered renting it until recently.
:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: and I only have 2 :emoji_thumbsup:

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
To be honest, I think the book is much better, mainly because it is hard to translate Dave Barry's prose to the big screen. I also didn't like some of the creative decisions, like the FBI agents.

Jason

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
The book is excellent, and I would recommend it without hesitation to anyone, especially if you loved the movie. Very very funny, and better than the movie. But then, thast's always the case. The film is wonderful and sadly underrated.

ToddP

Stunt Coordinator
I did not read Big Trouble, but I thought the movie was hilarious. I'm really hoping that they make Tricky Business, Barry's latest book, into a feature film. That book had me laughing out loud for pages.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I remember seeing the film opening weekend. Boy was I in that vast minority with Scott. I remember hearing people (the other four people in the theater) going with disgust, "That was based on a book?" Mother fu.......

As mentioned before, the film is very faithful to the book (with a few changes here and there like Martha Stewart, the ending, and a huge snake that is missing).

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I forgot about the snake. How did I forget the snake? I love the snake. They cut the snake out and I didn't even notice. I am annoyed now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks