What's new

Does anyone still use a Diner's Club card? (1 Viewer)

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
I've noticed at several places in the area and lately 7-11 stores that they now accept Diner's Club cards. I didn't think anyone used those things anymore since American Express has become more popular. Is there any real benefit to owning one over anything else?

Jeff

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I know my father's employer had him get one to charge expenses. Must be some businesses still use them.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
I equate Diner's Club with the 70's. I think it's because I remember seeing commercials for it back then.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I know someone that worked at a "Large, Multi-National Computer Company." Their corporate policy was that if your employee ID number ended with an even digit, you got an AMEX business card and if it was odd, you got the Diners Club (or maybe the reverse) so all the Diners Club people always whined about it but in reality, the Diners Club is accepted at almost every hotel and most restaurants.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
I work at the company lee mentioned, and we just got rid of them in favor of all AMEX. I had a pretty good experience with them, especially in NOLA, where it seemed like everyone took the DC.

We always used to hate it because none of the computer stores would take it, so in the event of a last minute purchase you would have to put it on a personal card. Microcenter started taking it awhile back.

Dan D.

Stunt Coordinator
My girlfriend actually got a personal one for her own use and business use last year. She loves it. Apparently their mileage awards can be transferred to almost any airline so she's not limited to which frequent flyer account she contributeds to. Their customer service is outstanding as well. She was recently double charged by a hotel and was given the runaround by the hotel's staff. She called Diners and they said, "No problem, we'll deal with them" and took the charge off immediately. The card does have a limited acceptance, but most major hotels and restaurants take it, so it works well for her business needs.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Their customer service is outstanding as well. She was recently double charged by a hotel and was given the runaround by the hotel's staff. She called Diners and they said, "No problem, we'll deal with them" and took the charge off immediately.

Any credit card should do that. A double charge is pretty obvious.

Dan D.

Stunt Coordinator

"Should" being the operative word. The reality of most credit card customer service is often different.

The double charge was actually for slightly different amounts. She didn't ask them to do anything, just told her story and what she had gone through dealing with the hotel. They took the charge off immediately, not after a lengthy chargeback process, and she never had to speak to anyone again.

LewB

Screenwriter

I also work at that same company. I wonder how many of us frequent this forum ? Sorry if this is 'thread stealing'.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks