Does anyone remember watching a movie called "SuperFuzz"?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JasonD, Nov 20, 2001.

1. JasonD

JasonD Agent

Hey Folks,

About 15 years ago on cable I remember watching a silly movie starring a police officer by the name of "Dave" with strange powers. Whenever he saw the color red, his power would disappear. I believe Ernest Borgnein(sp) was in it as well. Any chance that I'm not the only one who remembers it and at the same time, any chance of this coming out on DVD? Very campy but fun movie to watch.

2. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I remember it. Did a bit of research and it looks like Super Fuzz was released in 1981. It stars Terence Hill in addition to Ernest Borgnine. Hill plays a rookie cop in Miami that gets exposed to radiation, gains super-powers, and does battle with mobsters. Not a very good movie by most accounts, but if you're interested in it, ask Anchor Bay... [​IMG]

3. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

I saw SuperFuzz at the Bama Drive-In here in Mobile, AL when I was only 9 years old... and for some reason, I still have fond memories of that movie. I doubt it would fascinate me as much now though...

4. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    Yup!
    Super Fuzz was a favorite of my sister and I. A LONG TIME AGO [​IMG]
    I remember him running after a car and catching it.
    Falling/Jumping out of the window on a very tall building, and landing like he'd jumped down five feet.
    And a fight in a house, where he wears two baseball gloves and administers a beatdown on some feebs.
    I think there is a marriage at the end, and a joke about his future children. AND HIS WIFE DYES HER HAIR RED WHICH YOU SEE AFTER THE VEIL COMES OFF. I forgot that part.
    It probably sucks, but it would be fun to watch again (like The Pirate Movie).
    Thanks for the memories...
    Chuck

5. Christopher Bosley

Christopher Bosley Stunt Coordinator

And every time his powers kicked in, they would sing "Supahhhh!, supah, supah supah"

6. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

How about when the Sarge gets frozen underwater and he uses the orange bubblegum to float to the top,out of the water and through the air.

7. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

And he catches a bullet in his teeth.
    Remember when he was chasing that car on foot and then sees the red garage door and goes crashing into it out of control. Bummer. [​IMG]
    As a kid, I ate that crap up. Later I wondered how they tricked EB into appearing in it. Of course he also lucked into the classicly campy "Escape from NY" by being cast in a similar vien, so you never can tell I guess.

8. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

haha! I saw this one in the movies! All I remember about it was the Super Cop had an aversion to the color red, and at the end he has some trouble because a red ladies scarf thingie was stuck to his leg.
    Or maybe I'm thinking of Citizen Kane... [​IMG]

9. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Stunt Coordinator

I was a Sergeant on the Miami PD when "Superfuzz" was filmed, and helped out as a technical liaison. I remember bringing a bunch of fellow officers to the heliport for the scene where Dave was arrested. (I was one of the arresting officers; my big screen moment.) All in all a pretty corny movie, but I did get to chat with Academy Award winner Ernest Borgnine, a true gentleman.