Does Anyone remember the TV comedy show FOUR ON THE FLOOR?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris PC, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I can't even remember the actual TV show. Its like Hong Kong Fuey or HR Puff and Stuff in my mind. It wasn't nearly as long ago as Captain Cave Man, and yet my memory is foggy.

All I can remember is the segway or the lead-up part of the show where the cast rode up to a stop sign on lawn mowers. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Although I mentioned some cartoons and other stuff I can't remember from my late 70's childhood, I do think the FOUR ON THE FLOOR show was 80's or early 90's. Anybody remember this? There's a catch. I think it might have been a Canadian show on CBC. Here is all I can find so far:

"Four On The Floor" TV series, 1985-86. Retitled "The Frantics" Showtime Network (USA), CBC (Canada), Channel 4 (Britain).

Does anyone have video tapes of this show?

2. SteveCarroll

SteveCarroll Auditioning

yeah... i remember that show vaguely. (I was way young when it was on) They had one sketch that showed up in audio form on the Dr Demento show that i used to listen to as a kid. I believe it was called "Boot to the head".

It was about a martial arts instructor and one of his
    pupils wants to skip all the new agey mumbo jumbo and
    skip to the butt whooping..

3. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I remember that too. That was hilarious. One of the guys on that show was also the Commander Rick guy who interviewed Sci-Fi fiction writers and now he's Bill Green of the Red Green show.

4. Clinton McClure

Clinton McClure Casual Enthusiast

Clint
    I used to love watching The Frantics: Four On The Floor. I think they used to show it on Showtime when I was in middle school. The skits like Boot To The Head and Mr. Canoe-Head are classics.