Does anyone own

Rex.G

Stunt Coordinator
the NEC HT410??

I don't see anything posted on it. I would like to find out more about it's performance. It went out of production this summer and I have seen it reconditioned for under $500 with warranty. I was thinking about just grabbing it for that price and if I did't like it try to ebay it. The only thing that really has me concerned would be the rainbow effect. I have never seen it with other projectors but the only one that I have seen that I know what DLP was the 4805 and I saw nothing like that.

I am finally creating my dedicated theater. It will only be used for regular dvd's I have no intention of considering HD untill the format war is over. And the price of the players are greatly reduced. Also, I have a great HDTV in the living room and will not be watching TV on the thater room. Though the HD box might get moved in there for a big game. So the new room will be movies only. I have a small budget I can afford more than this NEC, but saving money on the projector will allow me to invest in new speakers.

any thoughts??

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
The 410 is outdated, has a slow 2X color wheel, and only 1200:1 contrast ratio. I would buy a new Optoma H31(It's shown for $599 at Visual Apex). Or the Infocus 4805. Both are better projectors.

Rex.G

Stunt Coordinator
Jim, do you own or have you viewed the ht410?? nebers abd performance aren't always related.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I do not own the 410, nor have I viewed it. I'm just telling you that by today's specs, the 410 is outdated. You said you have a "great HDTV" in your living room. You will probably be disappointed when you go from your HDTV to watch the 410. It will be lacking in contrast and black level. The 4805 has a 4X color wheel speed, and that may be why you didn't see rainbows. But then again, you may be someone rainbows doesn't affect.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarajohnson10