What's new

Does anyone own or have any experience with the Pioneer DV-37? (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I assume you read the SGHT review that I just read (!).
Here's a different take on it:
Link Removed
Not so glowing, unfortunately. (And I have a DV-05 that they really didn't like...)
The trick with DVD player reviews on Secrets, is to compare reviews of different players against each other.
------------------

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
I have the DV-37, and I have been pleased with its performance. Having said that, I will also say that the guys at Secrets have exposed some flaws, although at this point I'm lucky enough (and perhaps blind enough) that I haven't noticed. However, even if you, like me, couldn't see the problems, I think you could find an equal or better player for far less than $1000 (the Panasonics come to mind), with more features and fewer of these problems. For $1000, you would most certainly find a newer, better player.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I'd agree with the others here. I have the DV-37 and if I had to do it all over again, I probably would not buy one. Don't get me wrong - it's not horrible and in many ways it's a good player - but it does have problems. First and foremost is the aforementioned chroma bug. This player has it pretty bad, and I notice it so it's bothersome. Deinterlacing performance seems ok, but I think for the money other companies are providing more quality and additional features.
You may want to take a look at Panasonic's RP-91, which seems to be pretty popular among members.
[Edited for stupid spelling mistakes]
------------------
Link Removed
[Edited last by Scott-C on November 14, 2001 at 10:35 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread