What's new

Does anyone own Fist of Fury DVD (Bruce Lee) (1 Viewer)

Andre M

Auditioning
I was at Walmart the other day and bought a three pack of the following Bruce Lee movies for 9.99 CDN in TOTAL (they came in a package- so 3.33 each). Fists of Fury, Chinese Connection and Story of the Dragon. Anyways the package said it was digitally remastered. Ya right, the Fists of Fury DVD is basically like an old VCR tape...it is quite fuzy, has lines and the sound is horrible on all three. The picture on the other two is so so, but certainly not digitally remastered.

Anyways has anyone else seen this package? Is the quality just as bad on yours. The problem is I threw away my receipt so I can't return it. It's only 10 bucks but I would mind less if others have noticed this problem. Have these movies ever been properly rereleased by someone???

Also I did do a search and found that there had been a Bruce Lee the Master DVD box set release or something. This is not it...it just says "Bruce Lee" and then 3 DVD set under that.

Andre M

Auditioning
Well this is too funny...as I'm surfing other posts on here tonight I actually have one of the three movies playing in the other room (I believe Chinese Connection) Anyways I can hear the DVD is struggling...I went to look and it is stuttering in its playback/really choppy. I guess the moral is to not buy a 3 set DVD under 10 bucks!!!!!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
The Master Collection is worth the dough... I'd look for that receipt and return it as soon as possible to buy the real thing.

Clint

Stunt Coordinator
Agreed on the Master Collection, it's not anamorphic and it is dubbed. However, this is how I remember them when I was growing up except now you get to see it in widescreen. I am sure you can get it at a decent price.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
If you have an all-region player, you can always get the UK Hong Kong Legends DVD's. These are the best in the world at the moment. The last time these movies aired on TV I could swear that they had a Demension or Miramax logo somewhere.
The Fox set is better than the other releases but if Fox has still has the rights, they may revisit these. They are putting out some great Hong Kong movies as the moment and I wouldn't be surprised if these eventually were remastered.

Matt

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I have all of them on laserdisc and never felt the need to double dip. I did double dip on Enter the Dragon though. For 10 bucks the DVD is pretty decent.

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter

This does not make it right. It does not cost much different to get the all-region versions from Hong Kong with original language, and the correct names.

The one Andre is talking about should be called "The Big Boss" I am getting this for Christmas, the Universe R-0. I got Fists of Fury not too long ago from DDDHouse, and I should have gotten "Way of the Dragon" when DDDHouse had it on 'weekly cheap sale' for HK 25 (~$3.25)

Chris

Werner_R

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Matthew, I have the R2 Hong Kong Legends edition and these are simply the best versions for any Bruce Lee fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks