What's new

Does anyone own a Mitsubishi WS-65713? (1 Viewer)

StevenF

Stunt Coordinator
I am trying to decide whether to get the Mitsubishi 65" WS-65713 or the Mitsubishi 55" WS-55813 and want someones opinion or review of the 713.
As far as I can tell... the only benefits of the 813 over the 713 is... the 813 has the following extras or upgrades:

813: Anti-Glare Shield 713: Color Tuned Shield
813: Black High Gloss Cabinet 713: Burl High Gloss Cabinet
813: Coaxial Speakers 713: Standard Speakers

I believe that is it. I have been told by Ken Cranes that the internal components are slightly better on the 813. So I was hoping to get a review of the 713 and how the picture is. How do DVD's look? How does Standard TV look? How does HDTV look? If anyone has an opinion of why the 813 looks better... please let me know.
I have to decide this week on which of the two sets to buy because the
WS-65713 and the WS-55813 are the same price for me. I would like the larger 65" set, but if I have to sacrafice picture quality... I would rather stick with the 55".

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Im pretty sure the 713 has the 9" guns.

The anti glare shield is useless and is the first thing I remove when I perform a calibration.

Some spouses like the black gloss cabinet.

I highly doubt that any HT enthusiast cares about the speaker quality of the built ins.

Hope this helped??

Gregg Loewen

Cave Arnold

Auditioning
I have been comparing the 65" models: ws-65613 GoldPlus, ws-65713 Platinum and ws-65813 Diamond. I printed the spec sheets for each and found the same differences as you between the 65713 and 65813, to me these are negligible in a monitor because the lens system is what really counts. The lens systems between the 65713 and 65813 are identical Tru-Focus with 7" CRTs. The 65613 has the EDF system of lenses which are good, my mom has a 55" platinum from 2003 that uses these lenses and has good picture quality. In the end I will not buy a system that I cannot see for myself. I like the picture quality of the previous years mits, but I am waiting to see how much better the TruFocus system is on the 65713. I have not yet seen one or a review of the 65713. I am leaning that direction though. Let me know if you get one and I will keep you informed of what I decide. Right now I am sold on mits, just deciding the model. Let me know if you find any reviews also. The local Conns store expects to get one in before year end.

Cave

DonM

Agent
I've been looking at my local Mits dealer. He told me the 65713 was last year's Diamond model. Personally I looked at the lower end Mits sets and to my eyes the 65713 was noticeably sharper than the gold or gold+ series. Also the platimun series lets you adjust the individual color setting to your tastes rather than just a "tint" control.

What I'm having a problem with Is I can get a comparable Tosh 65HX93 for less money and a seemingly better picture. Can anyone tell me why I should go with the Mits instead?

Cave Arnold

Auditioning
I compared the Toshiba's to the Mits and overall I liked the Mits better. The models I looked at in 2003 I liked the picture quality better. I watch movies in the near dark and black level is important to me. I try to view the sets in nearly the same environment. I once waited until Conns closed so they could turn out the lights and I could see how the image looked in a dark room. I also like the net command system and there "no regrets upgrade" policy. I like the look of the cabinet better, most of these are personal preference and based on live viewing of HD and Analog signals in stores.
The dealer is correct they just upgraded the whole line. Platinum specs for 2003 are Gold for 2004 and Diamond specs for 2003 are Platinum for 2004. The main thing for me is the lens system. The WS-65713 has the TruVision lens system. The WS-65613 has the EDF lens system.
Who is your local Mits dealer? Is it a Mits run store or some other electronics outlet? I am just waiting to see one for myself, so I can do the dark room test. I have had no luck so far though. We have Conns, Circuit City, Best Buy and Sears that carry the mits line in Baton Rouge, so far none have the WS65713 in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks