What's new

Does anyone offer a DVD version of the "No talking, No smoking, ect, ect" preludes? (1 Viewer)

Nick P

Second Unit
You know, the short piece they show in the theaters before the film starts. Like the AMC filmstrip guy. Anyway to get something like that on DVD?

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Nick P,
Ya know, strangely enough, I did see one of these in the back of a magazine!
WHAM, I just found it with just one look! Try here:
http://www.hometheatreinteriors.com/...gory=FUN_STUFF
They advertise, "personalized or generic movie intros that introduce the feature presentation" that contain "3D animated graphics, movie trivia, dancing candy boxes, etc." in a widescreen format with 5.1 audio. They start at $45.00 with free shipping.
Will that work?

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
On Disc 2 of Fight Club, they have Brad Pitt and Edward Norton do "no talking, fire exits" PSAs. They're a hoot!
"Did you know urine is sterile? You can drink it." :D

John P Grosskopf

Second Unit
Cartoon Crazys Sci-Fi cartoon collection has a couple of real old Drive in strips urging you to go to the snack bar. They're in pretty bad shape though. You can sometimes find the disc for $2 or $3 at Suncoast.
Something Weird Video might have something as many of their old VHS releases include them, and they did have one VHS collection composed entirely of these interstitials.
Other wise, you can use animation software and design your own on computer and burn it to DVD, SVCD, or VCD.
Luckily a friend of mine used to work for an animation studio and I have a collection from varous theater chains across the country with full surround mixes.
They're cool, but unless you have a multi-disc changer, they're a pain in the ass to use and interrupt the viewing process unlike in the theater when it's a linear presentation (unless of course you're recording/burning complete movie presentations, but that of course is not condoned on this forum for fear of armageddon or the second coming of The Back Street Boys :frowning: ).

TyC

Stunt Coordinator
The Drive-in Discs DVDs include "Countdown Clock, Concession Stand Ads, Coming Attractions, Cartoons, and Intermission": The HTF thread about them
(They include some old B-movies too, of course.)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
What I would pay good money for is the "No Smoking in this Theater" trailer featuring John Waters, puffing away and gloating about how you can't smoke, but it sure is good. That thing is so hilarious! I was sorely disappointed when it didn't show up on the New Line John Waters bonus disc.

Nick P

Second Unit
Ron,
Thanks for the link. Those disks are very cool but very expensive! The only one I can afford, the 45.00 one, is pretty bland. I (we) need someplace like that but cheaper.
John,
I've got a duel tray player. I thought it would be neat to play one of these before the movie starts when I have guests over. Are the ones you have on DVD? Any you are willing to sell?

Jim Rankin

Stunt Coordinator
How about the old ads for Pic - the mosquito repellent? :D
(for all you drive-in buffs)
I swore that stuff used to attract the bugs!!

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
What I would pay good money for is the "No Smoking in this Theater" trailer featuring John Waters, puffing away and gloating about how you can't smoke, but it sure is good. That thing is so hilarious! I was sorely disappointed when it didn't show up on the New Line John Waters bonus disc
Yeah, that's a good one.

Another I would like to get, a fav of my fiancee, is from General Cinemas featuring the Muppets singing a multitude of rules (and some reasons).

One of the lines is "No swimming allowed" followed by "There is no water". It's a very charming little piece. Hate to see good work like that go by the wayside.

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
I say go with the original item!
Don Holland of Holland Graphics in Buffalo NY has been making custom intro DVDs for years!
Custom HT
Don is a great guy and fun to deal with. He's incorporated a few of my ideas and marketing suggestions into his product and they are pretty cool!
Mark Zimmer? I'm in Madison and have sent you an e-mail invitation for an on-site demo and beer. Give me a shout!
Regards,
Spence

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks