What's new

Does anyone make a 3 RCA female to 1 RCA male cable? (1 Viewer)

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
I have 3 DVD players with composite output that I would like to merge and input to my amplifier, so that by turning on just one of the devices at a time, I will be able to watch that particular player. In order to do this, I'm going to need an RCA cable with 3 RCA females on one end, and 1 RCA male on the other. Of course I'll need 3 such cables, since I would also need one for my left and right audio outputs on the players. My only question though...does anyone make such a cable, or do they only make Y 2 to 1 RCA cables. Anyone?

Dean_S

Second Unit
Why not just a buy one of the those little video switchers for this??? I found that when I've tried splitting signals like this in the past that usually some interference was introduced from the other equipment even though it was turned off. It didn't happen even time I tried it, just with certain combinations of hardware. I got a switchbox for $25 and it solved all this.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I don't think a Y cable will work with a digital signal, signal level and imp will be thrown off and you risk damaging the input.

On a side note, why is it that people just assume Y adapters work with anything? I see posts on here about Y cables for component video, digital audio... next thing you know we'll be looking for Y adapters for DVDs so you can own one copy but split the signal to your cousin's house.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.