What's new

Does anyone know where to download HQ trailers at? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
I recently bought a DVD-R burner and I am burning some of my own DVD's with trailers on them. The problem I am running in to is that most trailers that look pretty good on the old computer monitor (19") don't look so hot when I blow them up to 92".
I guess what I am looking for is some trailers that are at least the resolution of DVD 720X480.
Thanks any help would be appreciated.
Kevin C. :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That site is great! I don't know how long I've been looking for a High-Quality Trailer B for the Fellowship of the Ring! Atlast it is mine! Thanks!

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
What's the trailer format of choice if I want to burn hih quality trailers to VCD? If I go quicktime format how do I convert to MPEG, assuming that's what I have to convert to?

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I was just going to comment that ending the topic in the preposition "at" was absolutely unnecessary; "Does anyone know where to download HQ trailers?" works perfectly well. But then I don't want to be an obnoxious pedant :)
When "high quality" is applied to VCD, it is of course relative. I spent weeks (on and off) improving the quality of my VCDs, and got them looking pretty darn good. Then I got a DVD burner, and now it hardly seems like all that effort was worth it. Oh well, a hobby's a hobby.
Yes, you'll need to convert to MPEG to burn a VCD; more accurately, a very specific MPEG-1 profile. Most MPEG encoders work off AVIs. The new Nero 5.5 has a built-in encoder, so (supposedly -- I haven't used it) all you need to do is drag AVIs into the VCD layout and it will do it for you.
I'm pretty sure Premiere will convert from QuickTime MOV to AVI (or directly into MPEG with the appropriate plugin), and there are others programs that do the conversion. I don't know of any program that will convert a RealMedia .rm to AVI -- you'd have to use a screen-grabber.
So you do want QuickTime, in the largest size you can get. QuickTime is lossy (i.e. "smudgy") but if it's larger than the final frame size for VCD (352x240 for NTSC) it might turn out OK when you shrink it (use bilinear, not bicubic, resizing if possible). For NTSC, use the "VCD Film" framerate, 24fps -- you get 25% more bits than 30fps. Also, if the trailer is not 4:3, don't forget to letterbox. (352x240 is 4:3 -- the pixels aren't square.)
//Ken

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Actually, I've had some success with a little cheat on this one. Go find a free copy of TMPGEnc on the net (its shareware), and play with that. After a few trials, I've managed to get anamorphic VCDs - why waste that 33% on black bars? There is actually an option on the format settings for it, along with all the presets to give the proper formats for VCD.

Ruben Zamora

Stunt Coordinator
Damn, this seems complicated. Is there anyway to burn Trailers with a regular CD-R/W burner. How would I do it. I would love to put a bunch of trailers on a CD-R.
------------------
Ruben Zamora
Onkyo TX-575X
Pioneer DV-333

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Sure; it's just a file. Most CD burning software is pretty much drag&drop nowadays.
The benefit of making DVDs/VCDs is that you can easily play the trailers on your TV/projector in your living room, instead of having everyone huddle around your monitor. Of course, that's not a problem if you have a home theater PC.
//Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks