What's new

Does anyone know where I can pre-order a GBAsp online...... (1 Viewer)

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
.......and pick it up at a local store? For instance, I went to Circuit City and Best Buy's websites and tried to pre-order the system. They'll allow to to pre-order and choose your shipping option but they refuse to let you pre-order and then pick it up at the store upon it's release. It's really aggrevating and I don't understand why they do this. :thumbsdown:

Dan.Becker

Daniel Becker

Second Unit
No they are not sold out. I know Gamestop and Ebgames are sold out but Best Buy and Circuit City are not. They'll let me buy the game now and they offer overnight shipping so I could have one delivered to my door by the 23rd of March but I don't want to have it shipped. I just want to know if they'll let me get one from a store.

Dan.Becker

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Best Buy and Circut city aren't sold out becuase they don't take Preorders.
So if you bought it on line and picked it up at Best Buy it would essentially be a preorder.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
A lot of those stores like Best Buy and Circuit City are going to be on a first-come, first-serve basis. Get there early on Sunday morning, around the time they open, and you should be fine.

(Shouldn't this be in Hardware?) ;)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Preordering is no fun. I am planning on camping out at Wally World starting at 10pm with a friend and get this puppy at midnight ;)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I was going to... but due to the delay in shipping because of the low supply given to exporters... I decided to wait it out. :)

Carlos Mendoza

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone confirm for a FACT that the GBA-SP has a headphone jack? The non-playable prototype that my retailer had was missing one, and the brochure, which shows pictures of all angles, does not mention it.

If no standard headphone jack, will there be a periphal?

Benson R

Supporting Actor
I believe the AC jack doubles as a headphone jack but requires an adaptor sold seperately.

Carlos Mendoza

Stunt Coordinator
[Homer] "Oh, great! Here come the add-ons!" [/Homer]

Thanks for the info. Any idea on pricing of this much-needed add-on?

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
I bought a headphone adapter with my imported black GBASP from NCSX.

The headphone adapter is a little tiny piece (about four inches long) that plugs into the same jack that the AC Adapter does.

The headphone adapter is necessary if you want to listen to your GBASP through the headphones.

Carlos Mendoza

Stunt Coordinator
So are you able to AC adapt (?) and use headphones at the same time?

Since you imported it, you probably paid a little more, but what did you pay for the adaptor?

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Paid $9.00 for the adapter from NCSX--I'd bet they'll be anywhere from $4.99 to $9.99 at most stores for the US version.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
There's one hole, and two plugs. You can only use one at a time. You cannot charge the GBASP using the AC Adapter and listen to the headphones at the same time.

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Has anyone heard whether Bestbuy or Circuit City are going to have any deals on the GBA SP? Maybe something like a free accessory with the purchase of a system and a game? Also with the odd Sunday release date and the fact that they often get there stuff later than eb and software etc will they actually have it on the shelf on release date?

Benson R

Supporting Actor
Thanks for tips. I have one other question. Is it going to be possible to obtain spare battery packs? I will be traveling through Europe this June and would like to have a gba sp to kill time spent waiting at airports and trainstations. However I don't think I will be able to charge the batteries so I would like to be able to bring an extra battery back I charged ahead of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation615
Recent bookmarks