What's new

Does anyone know when Master and Commander is coming out on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Kevin. I can't wait for this DVD. I'm currently on book 9 of the series and can't get enough of M+C.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Jim_C,

I don't know if you participated in the 20th Century Fox chat that was here a while back, but Peter Staddon stated that they were looking at releasing a single disc and two disc editions of the movie a la Red Dragon.

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
As long as I get OAR, 16x9, and DTS I'll be a happy camper! Definitely one of the best films of the year, and one helluva sound mix.

AJG

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
they are re-releasing M&C this friday in the theatres. It might be a while before we get a release date.

JACOB

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
>>Jim_C,

I don't know if you participated in the 20th Century Fox chat that was here a while back, but Peter Staddon stated that they were looking at releasing a single disc and two disc editions of the movie a la Red Dragon.>they are re-releasing M&C this friday in the theatres. It might be a while before we get a release date.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Jim,

They did release the Red Dragon DVDs at the same time. Their thinking was that the casual fan would want just the movie, hence single disc edition, and the hardcore fan would want everything but the kitchen sink, hence the 2-disc edition.

Guess which one I'll be picking up? :)

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
In my opinion Master and Commander is the best film of the year. I can't wait for the DVD release.

I heard this as well. Anyone know the theater count?

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Amazing that most of the film used scale models by Peter Jackson's WETA workshop and CGI trickery combined with ocean wave plate backgrounds shot out at sea.

Pirates of the Caribbean, by comparison, used more full scale ships and full scale stage special effects than M&C. Even during some of the canon warfare!

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks