What's new

Does anyone know when Disney's Cinderella is coming to DVD??? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I was just curious if anyone has any idea when Disney's Cinderella is coming to DVD???

I have been asked about it and actually wouldnt mind owning it myself...

It's one of the better Disney's IMO and is one of my favorite Disney animated movies... The stepmother is such a shrew...

Any ideas???

Thanks!!!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Cinderella was designated several years ago as one of Disney's 10 Platinum titles. The idea was that they would release these in super special editions at a one-per-year rate.

The first Platinum title to hit the market was Snow White & The Seven Dwarves in 2001. Last year saw the release of Beauty & The Beast. This year's title is The Lion King (due next month), and next year Aladdin is scheduled.

The remaining 6 Platinum titles are Cinderella, Bambi, The Jungle Book, 101 Dalmations, Lady & The Tramp, & The Little Mermaid. The last four of these were already released in bare-bones editions as part of Disney's "first wave" of 9 animated titles. It has always been assumed that these would be the final four Platinum titles, to be released in 2007-2010. That would leave Cinderella & Bambi to be released in 2005 & 2006 (not sure which in what year).

Now, there have been rumblings that Disney may speed up the Platinum releases to 2 a year. Even if they do so, it is already widely known that Disney's four animated Special Edition releases next year will be Pocahontas, Lilo & Stitch, Alice In Wonderland (all three of these will be SE redos of titles previously released as single-disc editions), and the aforementioned Aladdin.

So the earliest we will possibly see Cinderella is Spring 2005, but it should be no later than Fall 2006.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks