What's new

does anyone know what this movie is ? (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
it was a movie from iran. i watched it when i was in jakarta, indonesia 2 and half years ago.

i forgot what the title was!!!

it was a about a poor family, with a boy and his younger sister. the story revolved around a pair of running shoes. the boy fixed his shoes, but lost it. no money to buy a new one, and he later found out that the kid who took his shoes was blind, and he didnt have the heart to claim his shoes. so he had to share a pair of shoes with his sister.

later in the movie there was running championship, and the third prize was a pair of running shoes. so the boy joined the race to claim it...and he didnt care about the first or second prize.

this movie was damn beautiful. i kinda forgot whose shoes were lost at first, the boy's or his sister's? anyway, i couldnt find anymore info about this movie since i have forgotten all names and titles.

it was the best children's movie i have ever seen, bar none.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I remember that movie, if its the one im thinking of, it was kinda wel known here too, i've seen it... Forgot what its called though :p)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I'll confirm that it's Children of Heaven. This is a wonderful, WONDERFUL movie. Anyone who has kids and would like them to get a taste of both subtitles and foreign cinema should show them this movie. It's sweet, funny, engaging and endearing, and is a great lesson on family love. They should adore it, and it'll be a wonderful introduction to subtitles. Adults will love it too, so don't stay away because it's a "children's film."
It was the little girl's shoes that the brother lost, so she wore his shoes when she went to school in the morning, then they'd meet and he would wear them to his afternoon school.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh there it is!!!!

thanks guys!

i feel much better now. how come i remember home alone but didnt remember children of heaven!!! that is one of the most beautiful movie on earth. almost nobody watched it in theater...made me sad...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks