What's new

Does anyone know what this movie is? (1 Viewer)

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
My dad has been asking me about this for a couple years, now. He saw this movie on TV when he was a kid (mid 1950's), and it scared him to death. My mom saw the same movie, and was just as scared. It's a WWII film, and starts with the Japanese trampling over some Chinese villages. It tells that everyone fled due to the Japanese killing & raping everyone. At the end of the movie, the Japanese attack the American soldiers. The Japanese are in camoflage, covered with branches, etc., and come crawling out of the landscape. The Americans keep firing, and despite how many Japanese soldiers fall, they just keep coming. In the end, all the Americans are killed.

He doesn't remember anything else, or who might have starred in it. I'm hoping someone knows what this is. I'd love to surprise him with a copy of it.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
That film is BATAAN (1943), a classic WWII flick. I believe it is currently available on DVD from Warner. It's definitely available on VHS.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I asked my dad this morning, and he said it was definately not Bataan (which was on TCM yesterday or Friday, btw). He's certain it took place in China. I spent an hour or so earlier searching IMDB but couldn't find anything else to match.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Oh well, sorry about that. Perhaps it was a "B" war picture, and there are tons of those from the 1940s & early 1950s. Hope your search is ultimately a fruitful one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks