Does anyone know what the title of this movie is?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve Russell, Dec 13, 2001.

1. Steve Russell

Steve Russell Stunt Coordinator

I remember seeing this movie as a kid on a Saturday afternoon creature feature, can't remember the title though and it's been driving me nuts.

It takes place in the 70's(mid I think). There is this teenager who lives in a state near the desert(arizona, new mexico, california???) He is about 17-18. He goes out into the desert one day and finds this alien weapon thing that fits onto your arm and looks like a laser or something. The problem is that once he puts it on it becomes part of his arm. He then starts either having flashes of some other alien dimension or the thing actually transports him somewhere. As this happens more and more he becomes more paranoid and aggressive. That's about all I can remember. If someone could help me so I can stop driving myself nuts I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Steve

2. Chucky P

Chucky P Supporting Actor

Charles Paulsen
  3. Kenneth English

Kenneth English Second Unit

Oh yeah -- that's definitely LASERBLAST you're thinking of. One of the first films of cinema giant Charles Band. Saw it about 5-6 years ago on MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER. Pretty funny stuff. Can't imagine what it might be like to endure it without the MST gang. Too horrible to contemplate... [​IMG]

4. Dave Dugan

Dave Dugan Stunt Coordinator

I don't think I could watch it without the MST treatment now, but I do remember watching it attentively on TV years before MST3K...

-Dave

5. Bill McA

Bill McA Producer

Does anyone think it's odd that this is a rabidly pro-OAR/Directors original vision forum, yet members will happily watch MST-mutilated versions, with superimposed heads and stupid put-downs scattered over the original soundtrack???

...and then claim that they wouldn't watch the film any other way???

6. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

Well Bill, speaking for myself, I'm rabidly pro-OAR and have NEVER cared for the MST treatment.

7. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

8. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Screenwriter

Neil S. Bulk

9. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

"...grade Z junk..."
    ????
    I think not, this film has Cheryl Rainbeaux Smith, Keenan Wynn AND Roddy McDowell in the cast! [​IMG]

10. Neil S. Bulk

Neil S. Bulk Screenwriter

Neil S. Bulk

11. Eric Thrall

Eric Thrall Stunt Coordinator

I have to agree that, if you're trying to appreciate a movie while watching MST3K, you've missed the entire point of the show. The movie will be frequently interrupted by the host segments, it will be presented in pan and scan with movie seats, robots, and a human covering up the bottom of the screen, and it is edited for time (and occasionally for content).

If you like Laserblast as a movie and are sensitive about seeing things you enjoy criticized and laughed at, then avoid the MST3K version like the plague! If you don't like Laserblast, have never seen it, or you like it but can stand to have fun poked at it, tune in and enjoy!

12. Charles Bober

Charles Bober Stunt Coordinator