What's new

Does anyone know the rest of the joke in Breakfast Club? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Judd's said in interviews that the joke was improvised and had no punchline. His next line was "I forgot my pencil" and he tried working back from that, but instead improvised the blonde with the poodle and salami joke.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Just saw this again the other night, for the first time in a long, long time.
Question: why was Claire there? I think I remember why the others were there, but not her.
Yeah, I'm bored. :D

Les Samuel

Stunt Coordinator
Since we are brushing up on our Breakfast Club stuff.....question.

Would a remake work today?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Would a remake work today?
Ughhhhh No way! The fact alone that it is a virtually dialogue only film with very little sex (other than discussion) and violence would cause your average audience to pretty much say "What the hell is this?" Also, I'm sure it would be dumbed down to a PG-13. Not to mention some flavor of the month cast they would choose. Actually this brings up a good topic. Who would be the cast?

Ashton Kutcher = Emilio Estevez
Julia Stiles = Molly Ringwald
Brittney Murphy = Ally Sheedy
For Starters

Alvin.G.

Stunt Coordinator
I would see Jason Biggs as Emilio's character and Aston Kutcher as Judd Nelson's. Who would be Anthony Micheal hall? Too bad Dustin Diamond (Screech from Saved by the Bell...you know who I'm talking about) is too old. He would be perfect.
The fact alone that it is a virtually a dialogue only film with very little sex (other than discussion) and violence would cause your average audience to pretty much say "What the hell is this?"
:laugh: now that funny, yet sadly true
acg

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I had heard talk about, not a remake, but a sequel but I think Mollys falling out with John Hughes halted that.

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Kevin:
I had the good fortune of acting with Judd Nelson this past spring in the movie "Lost Angel". I asked him about this and indeed, there is no punch line to the joke.

He is a really nice/cool guy as well.

Les Samuel

Stunt Coordinator
I think a re-image could do very well with a good script (think today and outside the box) and a nice cast and direction. The only thing you could not and should not replace is the theme song by Simple Minds.
Hey, hey, hey, hey........ooooooooooooh ehhhhhhhhh :)
I think of the 80's whenever I hear that and it brings up cool ass memories.
Ok Les come back to today...........anyway. I would cast similar but different personalities. Actors and actresses like Christina Ricci, Derek Luke (Antwoine Fisher, no he wouldn't be a token black guy), Kristin Kurek (Smallville), Anna Paquin (Rogue In X-Men), Shawn Ashmore (Iceman in X-2), James Franco (Harry Osbourne's son in Spiderman, Meagan Good (Eve's Bayou) in a re-image of a fine movie.
Maybe Sam Mendes would direct. He's directed American Beauty and Road to Perdition

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
The Breakfast Club: Special Edition. This film will now feature Ewoks in the library, a new lightsaber duel between Bender and Vernon, and Don't You (Forget About Me) would be replaced with Duran Duran's The Reflex. Directed by George Lucas

AJG

Shane S.

Stunt Coordinator
I think a remak could be done quite well, but I think it would be rejected for the same "there is no way anything can compare to the original so I won't bother" that alot of remakes get hammered.

Les Samuel

Stunt Coordinator
shane_S
Although I stated it in my initial post don't think re-make, think re-image. A re-image is an entirely different vision from a previous effort. That movie isn't just a classic because of the acting, it had the right mix of character personalities. It also dealt with themes and peer pressures that teenagers still have today although they may be different to an extent. Then for teen age girls was just being popular, today it's should I get breast implants.
A good cast, story, and director.............:emoji_thumbsup:

RobertW

Supporting Actor
frankie munoz-anthony michael hall
hillary duff-molly ringwald
amber tamblyn-ally sheedy
james lafferty(one tree hill)-emilio estevez
mike erwin-judd nelson.

a plethora of today's hot young stars.

gary cole as the teacher. judd nelson as carl the janitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks