What's new

Does Anyone know the ARs of the Movie Showcase series? (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I've been waiting and waiting to find out the ARs of Buena Vista's new Movie Showcase series. I'm interested in buying as many as fifteen of the films coming out this fall, but don't want to place an order until I know if they will be Original Aspect and Anamorphic if applicable (I believe so in every case since they are all new(er) films.
Specifically I'm interested in:
Ernest Goes to Camp
Ernest Saves Christmas
Ernest Goes to Jail
Ernest Scared Stupid
Mighty Ducks Box Set
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
Honey, I Blew up the Kid
Mr. Destiny
Swing Kids
Captain Ron
Spaced Invaders
And I think there are a couple more but can't remember them. My most wanted title on that list is Swing Kids, I would be extremely upset if it were not anamorphic widescreen. It's getting very irksome not knowing if these titles are worth purchasing or not, why, when Buena Vista released a press release for the series, did they not indicate the Aspect Ratios of the disc?! Do they not want the consumers to know? Is the quality of the product so bad they wont even release specs for it? Or do they just not want my money?
If anyone can provide me with the ARs of the series or can point me to a site that has posted the news I'd be very grateful. Digital Bits was supposed to post them, but never did. :frowning:
Adam

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Most of these come out tomorrow, yet it is still unclear as to what is pan and scan and what is OAR, I know that Swing Kids Ernest Goes to Camp, and Captain Ron are all OAR, but what about the others?
Anyone?

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Ernest Goes to Camp - According to the back, anamorphic widescreen.
Ernest Saves Christmas - According to the back, widescreen.
Ernest Goes to Jail - According to the back, pan and scan.
Ernest Scared Stupid - According to the back, pan and scan.
Mighty Ducks Box Set - According to the back, anamorphic widescreen (D2 and D3) and widescreen (D1).
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids - According to Disney, pan and scan (YET the R2 will be widescreen).
Honey, I Blew up the Kid - According to Disney, pan and scan (YET the R2 will be widescreen).
Mr. Destiny - Dont know.
Swing Kids - According to the back, pan and scan.
Captain Ron - According to the back, anamorphic widescreen.
Spaced Invaders - According to the back, anamorphic widescreen.

Esten

Supporting Actor
According to the back of Ernest Goes To Camp at dvdempire,it's 2.35.hrm.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Ernest Goes to Camp - According to the back, anamorphic widescreen.
Ernest Saves Christmas - According to the back, widescreen.
Ernest Goes to Jail - According to the back, pan and scan.
Ernest Scared Stupid - According to the back, pan and scan
That is according to the scans of the backs at DVDEmpire. However, I saw them at a local retailer last Friday and all were listed as pan & scan except Scared Stupid which was listed as 1.85 (don't remember whether or not it said 16x9 enhanced) so I'd wait on those until people buy them and confirm the discs' ARs.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Anyone pick any of these up yet? I am currently transportationless and can't get to any store to confirm for myself what the ARs are. if Swing Kids is indeed MARed I will be extremely upset.

Adam

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator
I saw them at a local retailer last Friday and all were listed as pan & scan except Scared Stupid which was listed as 1.85 (don't remember whether or not it said 16x9 enhanced) so I'd wait on those until people buy them and confirm the discs' ARs.
I saw all of the Ernest movies today and this is how they were:
Ernest Goes to Camp - Anamorphic Widescreen.
Ernest Saves Christmas - Widescreen.
Ernest Goes to Jail - Pan and Scan.
Ernest Scared Stupid - Pan and Scan.
I bought "Camp" and "Christmas", and left the other 2 on the shelf.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
yes yes yes yes yes!!! a disney rep did say that it was going to be widescreen, so glad that it actually is! woohoo!

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
hello all,

just got the swing kids dvd in the mail, and i'm glad to confirm that it is in anamorphic widescreen. i watched a part of it, i didn't just look at the packaging...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks