Does anyone know of small speakers that also sound nice? not bose

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SamuelW, Feb 4, 2003.

1. SamuelW

SamuelW Auditioning

Space is limited. I do plan to get the rti38, if I can't find any good speakers that are smaller. They don't have to be as small as the bose speakers, but hopefully smaller than the rti38. Also, close to Rti38's sound quality. Any suggestions please. Thanks.

2. Brandon Blair

Brandon Blair Stunt Coordinator

Check out the JMlab Sibs. This is a website for JMlab North American distributor. Go to their products, click on JMlab and then to products under that and you're looking for the JMlab Sib&Cubs. You can also find a local dealer where you see them on this site as well.

www.audioplusservices.com

Good Luck and I hope this helps,
    Brandon

3. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Hello Samuel,

That's a difficult question. Better speakers tend to be larger. And, of course, price is another complication.

I'm not sure about the exact size of your Polks, but as far as quality is concerned, you should certainly check Tannoy speakers. They are not the cheapest, but among the best and also start with pretty small (and still extremely good) speakers. And they look cool as well.

Good luck!

Cees

4. Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran Supporting Actor

the sibs are kinda of big...like three times the size of bose speakers...they sound pretty good ....

5. Dennis Gardner

Dennis Gardner Stunt Coordinator

Samuel,
    I noticed a huge difference in my front soundstage when I went up in size from my polk 6600 sats to my RT25Is. I made the move after increasing my center from the RM2600 that came with my 6600 system to the CS-350LS. Each move up in size seemed to fill that channel with fuller sound and left the other channels lacking fullness. I now have RT/FX surrounds and a bunch of smaller sats in the closet.

Dennis

6. Jeff_Fitz

Jeff_Fitz Stunt Coordinator

Samuel:

Check out the buyer's guide at http://hometheater.valuecanuck.com for plenty of ideas (and specs) on 5.1 speaker systems with MSRP's between $400 USD and $1000 USD,

Jeff