What's new

Does Anyone Know If Shout Will Release Season 6 (The Final Season) Of Mister ED? (1 Viewer)

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Just wanted to see if there was any inoformation about whether Shout plans to release the 6th and Final Season of Mister ED? Thanks for all information!
Robert

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
So Fox owns Mister ED? Any chance on Fox letting another company release it or doing it themseleves?
Thanks!
Robert

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Why didn't Shout release season six when they released the other seasons ?

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
More importantly, why didn't Shout release seasons 5 and 6 together? Wouldn't that have been a smarter move?
Unless, of course, Fox made them have only season 5 and not 6.
I deeply am sorry if I have been on a bit of a Fox vendetta recently. The truth is, I just don't understand why Fox is behaving this way towards indies. It really shows their overall lack of care and respect for them. It would make me feel better if Fox stopped doing this, and started treating indies with respect again.
And again, let me reiterate: Sales have nothing to do with this. They do this even when sales have been strong enough for them.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Just a follow up on Fox and classic DVD releases . I'm still pissed that they never released the second half of the second season of The Big Valley .

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
borisfw said:
Just a follow up on Fox and classic DVD releases . I'm still pissed that they never released the second half of the second season of The Big Valley .
That one, I think, had a lot of B.V. fans disappointed. I'd grab any pressed release of the remainder of this one.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Well, I'm losing a bet I made with Jeff about this thread. I'm shocked about that, too.

Not positive, but I think Shout said Mister Ed sets just weren't selling well and I'd imagine that's the reason we haven't seen the final season released.

Gary "the B.V. issue is one of the worst stall outs of all time in this hobby as far as I'm concerned" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Have to disagree Gary, because I believe the issue has a lot more to do with Fox than sales at this point. It's no coincidence that all the Fox licensed titles dried up at Shout at exactly the same time and the only ones I heard specifics on in regards to low sales were "Room 222" and "The Paper Chase" (I had no interest in the Showtime episodes of that and only got the first season CBS episodes). But "Rhoda" and "Mister Ed" I think would have been finished if Fox hadn't gone into its shell.
Do agree on "Big Valley" being a disgrace since CBS/Paramount at least always finishes a season that they split into two volumes. It was that BV precedence alas that made Fox think they could pull the same stunt on the last season of "Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea" which they got away with for more than a year.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
The good news for those that have access to the "THIS" network is that for a while now "Mister Ed" has been being broadcast in decent quality. I captured them all but then decided to buy the first three seasons from Shout! to get the extra's and support the release. However, with the later seasons going the Shout! Select route with an increased price tag, and the fact that I just don't view the show as being as good once the Addision's departed, I'm more then happy living with the captures for the later seasons.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
smithb said:
The good news for those that have access to the "THIS" network is that for a while now "Mister Ed" has been being broadcast in decent quality. I captured them all but then decided to buy the first three seasons from Shout! to get the extra's and support the release. However, with the later seasons going the Shout! Select route with an increased price tag, and the fact that I just don't view the show as being as good once the Addision's departed, I'm more then happy living with the captures for the later seasons.
I don't get the channel but from what I've been told, THIS is running cut 22 minute jobs. No thanks, I'll stick with my uncut Nick at Nite episodes.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Neil Brock said:
I don't get the channel but from what I've been told, THIS is running cut 22 minute jobs. No thanks, I'll stick with my uncut Nick at Nite episodes.
They are 22 minutes but i don't know if they are cut or time sped up. I realize both could be an issue for some.
What I do know is that I watched all the captures just a couple of months prior to the first official release and then went back and watched several of the episodes again after getting the release, and I couldn't tell any differences. So if time sped, it's a non-issue for me since I am not one who is bothered by it. And if cut, I've seen much worse cuts then this in other TV series. It showed no signs of the abrupt cuts before and after breaks, issues with story cohesion, or missing content. Possibly, being such a simple comedy in nature made it simpler to handle.
Besides, I mentioned it as an option for those that don't already have the later episodes in any form, and have access to THIS TV. I wouldn't expect someone who already has it covered to have much interest. But I'm glad to hear you have it covered, these are plenty good enough for me. Also, I tend to find more recent captures to be preferrable to some of the older one's from the 90's (not saying yours are). Sometimes what was great quality back then suffers with today's technologies. I've seen some TV Land captures (e.g., My Three Son's) that could have been so much better if not for the amount of compression or squeezing of the image to fit more episodes per disk. It is unfortunate, because so much aired back then worth capturing but the quality of the VHS tapes they are stored on is just lacking in resolution compared to the source TV broadcast and what could be captured today.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by smithb /t/321420/does-anyone-know-if-shout-will-release-season-6-the-final-season-of-mister-ed#post_3937317
Besides, I mentioned it as an option for those that don't already have the later episodes in any form, and have access to THIS TV. I wouldn't expect someone who already has it covered to have much interest. But I'm glad to hear you have it covered, these are plenty good enough for me. Also, I tend to find more recent captures to be preferrable to some of the older one's from the 90's (not saying yours are). Sometimes what was great quality back then suffers with today's technologies. I've seen some TV Land captures (e.g., My Three Son's) that could have been so much better if not for the amount of compression or squeezing of the image to fit more episodes per disk. It is unfortunate, because so much aired back then worth capturing but the quality of the VHS tapes they are stored on is just lacking in resolution compared to the source TV broadcast and what could be captured today.

100% agree with this. While there's no doubt that having uncut episodes that aired on stations 20 or so year ago is fantastic, it is unfortunate that so much that is floating around on the trading scene is poor quality either because the signal wasn't strong or because people didn't take care to record on the highest quality setting possible back in the day. And as you said, even if they did take precautions back then, some bozo will come along and try to squeeze too much onto discs and create compression issues that destroys the quality.

Gary "I've got all I need of Mister Ed, but I'm always disappointed to see a series get stalled out before completion no matter what it is" O.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
vnisanian2001 said:
But "Rhoda" and "Mister Ed" I think would have been finished if Fox hadn't gone into its shell.
I would add Mr. Belvedere to that list as well as I think they would have released the final two seasons had they been able to reach a deal with Fox.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
TVonDVDJunkie05 said:
If they were not selling well then how did they make it all the way to the final season?!
If I'm not mistaken the last two seasons of "Mister Ed" ended of has Shout! Select titles. My take is that when selling well they go with general distribution, but if not they try the less risky Shout! Select approach. From there it either keeps going or is stalled. That's just my assumption of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks