What's new

Does anyone know if Resident Evil 4 will support pro-scan? (1 Viewer)

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
Capcom/Mikami's PN03 is indeed in Progressive Scan mode, so there's hope that RE4 will utilize it as well.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
"I agree, Michael. I had MGS2 running on my PS2 and Xbox and the difference was definitely not subtle."

Yeah... the xbox drops frames like crazy in the rain!

Anyhow, playing things on the gc in progressive or interlaced doesn't seem to make a huge difference in pq. Not to say that it doesn't make any difference, but it's not dvd vs. vhs. Especially in RE since it's such a static game.

Look at Eternal Darkness, it's in progressive and RE looks a lot better... though ED is a port of an unfinished N64 game.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
About my comments before, what I meant to imply is that so little is known about the game as of right now that whether or not it has Progressive Scan is probably the least important detail that most (if not all) want to know about. Nobody even knows what the story is going to be about or what the gameplay sections even look like.

Josh_SR

Stunt Coordinator
sup.....

i dont think there is anything wrong with wanting to know if a game is going to support progresive scan befor it comes out... and i myself can see a huge differans in pq on gamecube games via 480p.... xbox too but im the very very picky type when it comes to pq :D i dont think there will be a way to find out if the game supports pro.scan untill it comes out... :frowning:

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
i dont think there is anything wrong with wanting to know if a game is going to support progresive scan befor it comes out
Me neither, but I think knowing what the game is even about or what the game's graphics actually look like is just a wee bit more important than whether it has prog. scan support or not.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
Maybe I can't tell because the only pro scan games I have are ED, Mario Party 4 and Animal Crossing, two of these being N64 ports. I've never run Metroid Prime on interlace... maybe I'll try that to see if I can tell a difference.

I've never compared interlaced to progressive on my tv with the xbox, though. Feh. I still say REmake and RE 0 look great, and prog scan is moderately less important with static images assuming you have a tv with a line doubler, which I imagine you should if you can display the game in 480p.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Look at Eternal Darkness, it's in progressive and RE looks a lot better... though ED is a port of an unfinished N64 game.
Calm down, regardless of this being off topic, sshhh.. Hence aside.

Very true, ED never really appealed to me (pun intended because hey it's logical) and it looked awful, twig figures and garbage graphics I would not use as toilet paper if it were to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks