Does anyone know if Best Buy allows purchases to be split over two credit cards?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Don Black, Oct 11, 2002.

1. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

I have a gift certificate MasterCard that I want to use but it only has $75 on it. So, I was curious if anyone had ever split a transaction over two cards (or 1 card/cash) at Best Buy before? Thanks!

2. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick Supporting Actor

Jason Merrick
    Don,

If you are talking about a Best Buy store, I can't imagine they would hassle you about that. If you are referring to their website, that may be a different story.

I have split purchases between check/cash, check/credit at many stores in the past, I don't think it should present a problem. Even if a cashier initially tells you he can't do it, ask to speak to a manager. I am sure they can work it out in order to make the sale.

Good luck!

3. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Thanks Jason. I was talking about an in-store purchase. It's just sometimes their POS software isn't setup to handle dual-payment transactions. You've helped calm my concern though. Thanks again!

4. Greg Rowe

Greg Rowe Stunt Coordinator

Greg

5. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

Yes, they can split the transaction, if you have a gift card with an insufficient balance. You use up the gift card balance and then you settle the rest with cash, check, or credit card.

I don't know if you can split between two regular credit cards though.

KJP

6. Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner Second Unit

I bought my 56" TV using a combination of a Best Buy credit card (no interest for 18 mos.) and my Visa. They'll take your money any way you want to give it to them. [​IMG]
    C

7. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Supporting Actor

Don, you should be fine. If they give you any trouble about it, then just ask to deal with someone more competent at working their computer system. My girlfriend (now fiancee) and I split a DVD player between our two cards.

Matt

8. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

There shouldn't be a problem -- worst case scenario, just buy a gift card with one CC and and another with the other CC, and then use both gift cards.

9. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

As said above, they'll take your money as long as both credit cards are yours and not your wife's or parents. $$$$ sales are the name of the game.