What's new

Does anyone know how to use the bass trim (EQ) on the old HK AVP1/Fosgate3a? (1 Viewer)

Keir H

Second Unit
Until I could find a good deal on a used Lex DC-1 or Outlaw 950, I'm still using this stellar but analog prepro. I have no manual and was wondering how to use this feature. I have my speakers setup as small and bass going to my 25-31CS. Could it be just a bass boost/cut? thanks!

Shawn Fogg

Stunt Coordinator
You are talking about the control on the right side front of the unit right?

"Could it be just a bass boost/cut?"

It is just a bass boost.

Shawn

Keir H

Second Unit
Thanks Shawn, I'm also wondering boost/cut at what freq. for the sub?? I wonder ho this unit compares to a DC-1 w/o DD, dts or any other similar preamp? thanks again!

Shawn Fogg

Stunt Coordinator
"I'm also wondering boost/cut at what freq. for the sub??"

The sub crossover is THX spec. 80hz 2nd order high pass, 4th order low pass. It is engaged by the switch(s) on the rear of the unit.

I can't recall the exact freqency of the boost but I believe it was centered around 50-60hz.

"I wonder ho this unit compares to a DC-1 w/o DD, dts or any other similar preamp?"

I went from a Fosgate-Audionics 3A to a DD DC-1 running v2.1 software. The DC-1 in non-DD modes was *considerably* better then the 3A.

Logic 7 has much better seperation and less steering errors then 70mm/70mm Wide and the music modes on the DC-1 worked consistantly well. On the 3A I always had to fiddle with the controls to get it to sound decent on music, I ended up giving up after awhile and just used 2 channel.

The difference in bass response between the 3A and the DC-1 was also very large. The DC-1 went much deeper then the 3A, it wasn't at all subtle and the time alignment for the sub really let the blend between the subs and the mains be more seamless.

The surrounds in the 3A always hiss a little at you, in the DC-1 they are very quiet.

The 3A was a good unit but a DC-1 is definitly a step up from it.

Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks