Does anyone know anything about the JVC-DSTP582?? Thanks!

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by DustinJJ, Dec 29, 2003.

1. DustinJJ

DustinJJ Auditioning

I'm looking to upgrade my hometheater from a tv only with a tight budget. I thought this system looked pretty good. Anyone know anything on it? Thanks!

2. AaronJB

AaronJB Second Unit

The small cube speakers don't inspire confidence, but the rest of the system appears okay.

I'd recommend going with one of the refurbed Onkyo HTIB (Home Theater in a Box) sets at shoponkyo.com; some have a DVD player included - if not, you could always pick up one of the inexpensive Toshiba models to pair with it.

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

The Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level, not for asking about specific models and recommendations. For HTiB advice, post here in A/V Sources. Thanks.

4. DustinJJ

DustinJJ Auditioning

my apologies....like i said..im new to this....

anyway, about the post...smaller speakers aren't good? I didn't know size of the speakers would make a huge difference

5. AaronJB

AaronJB Second Unit

Some smaller speakers made by specialty companies that cost considerably more can manage surprising range, considering their size. However, these are often quite expensive. The smaller, often plastic speakers that come with HTIB sets, however, are generally of mediocre quality. The Onkyo speakers are large, well-constructed and provide better sound quality than most of the HTIB set speakers.

6. DustinJJ

DustinJJ Auditioning

Ok...great, thanks for the help