What's new

Does anyone know anything about ACN? (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
http://www.acninc.com
They sell teleservices (mainly) using multi-level-marketing.
My wife is thinking of signing up with them to be a seller, but we'd like to know more about them, since we'd never heard of them before. Is anyone here using their services? Are you satisfied?
Thanks,
Mike

AdamK

Grip
My friend works for them. He just started recently, and has made about a grand. He attends all their expos, and it seems like the people that work for it have almost a cult following. If he makes as much as he says he will, I'll probably try it out.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I've read a bit about ACN in Sweden (they're a fairly large telephone service provider there), and the whole "cult" thing worries me. But then again, that's how most sales organizations seem to me anyway. :)
Thanks for your reply, Adam.
/Mike

Marty Christion

Stunt Coordinator
Since we're not allowed to discuss religion, can we discuss MLM?

But seriously, be very careful about signing up for these things. The fact that you've asked for outside opinions in a good sign. For the guy that's made $1K, how much has he "invested" in his "business", and how many hours has he put in? Ask the person trying to get you "in" how much profit they made last month.

My objections to MLM in principle:

1. It's usually a business model that relies on you hitting up your friends and family (no matter what the company says, it will annoy them!). The sales script usually incorporates wildly optomistic projections (bordering on lying), and timeworn cliches and anecdotes about the viability of MLM in general, and your company in particular (most of which aren't true).

2. It usually thrives on an enthusiasm for a materialistic lifestyle, and the promise of endless wealth without work. The "lifestyle" usually involves endless "pep rallies" to infuse you with a materialistic passion strong enough to overcome your discouragement at not being as successful as the last "pep rally" told you you would be.

3. To actually be successful, you'll have to approach people you don't know and really sell them on the idea. You have to be a really good salesperson. If you're a good enough salesperson to succeed at MLM, you're probably a good enough salesperson to make a lot more $$$ in traditional sales channels (see the car buying thread).

4. For the most part, I don't consider MLM an efficient alternative to the conventional approach to distributing goods and services. Contrary to what many MLM zealots proclaim, MLM is not being taught at any notable business schools, and there has never been a reputable economic prediction saying that MLM will become a significant factor in distributing goods and services in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks