What's new

Does anyone know about the new Petersen film "Troy"? (1 Viewer)

Arun Vajpey

Stunt Coordinator
I am a big fan of the German director Wolfgang Petersen and saw on the IMDB site that he is directing a new film called "Troy" next year. Does anyone know what this film is about? Is this a story of Helen of Troy or something else???

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
I haven't heard about it but I also like Peterson as a director. I would love to see a film about the Trojan War! Please please please!

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Here is a brief rumor via thezreview.co.uk...

Monday 30th September 2002: Troy Update:
Word has reached us of the planned budget for the upcoming Troy movie directed by Wolfgang Petersen that will star Brad Pitt. It comes in at a hefty $140 million, filming starts next April for 170 days, and the running time coming in at two and three quarter hours.

Tuesday 17th September 2002: Troy Update:
Word today is that Eric Bana (Hulk, Chopper) is being lined up to costar alongside Brad Pitt in Troy for director Wolfgang Petersen. Bana's role would be of Hector. Warner Bros. are developing with a planned release date of 2004.
Let me add that the original source on this is Variety.

2 good actors and a "healthy" budget to say the least.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, $140M is hefty, but this should have a huge potential audience. The story hasn't (AFAIK) been done on film in recent time, and yet it's one of the most well-known stories of all time. I'm really excited about it.

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Awesome news! I love these kinds of movies, and Brad Pitt is a personal fav of mine. What a great story to be told, if done right.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I didn't check this thread out yesterday, but I was watching a local chat show last night and they had Eric Bana on. He said that Brad pitt and himself had been looking do do a project together for a while, and they felt this was the right one. He also said it was an incredible story/script, well of course he has to say that :). No other details were discussed, they didn't even talk to him about The Hulk (they did that last time). It seems to be an ambitious project from what I have read in the above posts, and I like those 2 actors.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks