Does anyone know about the Memorex MHT 101 Dolby Surround speaker set?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by AnitaPeterson, Mar 6, 2002.

1. AnitaPeterson

AnitaPeterson Stunt Coordinator

Nov 4, 2001
    Being strapped for cash, but looking for a bargain, I saw tonight at a Wal-Mart (I know, I know!) this set of Memorex speaker. The box said "MHT 101". Anyway, it's a set with four surround speakers (front and rear) a centre channel and a subwoofer with remote control. It seems the subwoofer is also an amplifier, since it had switches on it: TV, CD and Video (Not sure if that was the name of the last position, though).

Since I can get it for $100 US (equivalent), I was wondering if anyone here knows aything about this setup. The Memorex site has no infomation about it (and it keps getting errors, too - not very well designed, I must say!) and when I contacted Customer Service by e-mail, I received a generic response like "Check the website", which really made me wonder about the level of intelligence and training of the people employed by the company. A search on google returned no results. I am sure, however, that I have the correct model number.

So does anyone know about this set?
  2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

Jun 24, 1999
    Save and get something decent. Memorex is not exactly known for making great speakers, and for $100, I doubt it will even be worth it.
    Check out for some less expensive packages that would likely be better. A college student friend of mine has the least expensive set, at just $199, and it is not too bad on a tight budget.
  3. matthew_rm

matthew_rm Second Unit

Dec 24, 2001

To buy a HT from them is like buying a car from microsoft.

SAVE SAVE SAVE! ( and stay away from wal-mart!)