What's new

does anyone here work in home theater industry? (1 Viewer)

I've been in the same industry since 1996 and I am starting to get a little burnt out and frustrated. I really love home theater as a hobby and think that I would enjoy a job in the HT industry. However I don't have any kind of professional experience that would translate except for sales experience. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how to get in and also what kind money could be made in the first year as either sales or installer. Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I don't know about others, but as a person that habitually makes his hobbies into careers, don't do it.
It sucks, after working on other people's systems during the day, the LAST thing you'll want to do is work with your own. I've destroyed 2 perfectly good hobbies this way :frowning:

Thats a good point Phil. I'm currently working as a production manager in the green industry. So the last thing that I want to do on the weekends is work on my own lawn!

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
then you feel my pain. I used to love computers, got into IT now I can't stand it. Used to love to fly in my spare time, spent a whole lot of cash getting extra ratings, now I'm in IT and aviation combined, and I don't care to do either on the weekend. Every time I do this I end up with a MORE expensive hobby to replace the previous :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks