What's new

Does anyone here shoot trap? (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I went out this weekend for the first time and had a lot of fun. I'd like to keep going as the range is about 5 minutes from my house, but my Benelli M4 isn't well suited for trap so I would like to pick up a non home defense "multi purpose" 12 gauge. Here are some choices:

A used Benelli Nova w/ fiber optic for $275

A new Remington 870 Express on sale for $289

A used Remington 870 Wingmaster for $289

Step up to a Beretta 3901 semi-auto for $575

Any thoughts on either trap or any of the guns above?

Duane R

Second Unit
No experience with the Benelli's, but I have used an 870 Wingmaster for the past 20 years and it fits and functions flawlessly. The "express" version is the same basic gun, it just has a more utilitarian finish and stock.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Duane R

No experience with the Benelli's, but I have used an 870 Wingmaster for the past 20 years and it fits and functions flawlessly. The "express" version is the same basic gun, it just has a more utilitarian finish and stock.

Thanks Duane. Sports Authority had the 870 Express on sale for $289 which was a great price, but it just didn't seem to have the fit/finish and build quality of the older versions. I ended up going with none of the above. I found a nice used Benelli M1 Super 90 with a fiber site at a local pawn shop for $550 and they even through in a case. It has a very similar receiver to my Benelli M4 so everything works the same

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks