Does Anyone here own Puppet Master Box Set??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Bentley, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Ken Bentley

Ken Bentley Second Unit

hi i am thinking bout buying this set. i have been offer to purchase it. my question is. is this box set worth owning. i love the moives. but have heard half good and half bad thngs bout the set.. lmk thanks...

video sound etc.. thanks

2. Andy Olivera

Andy Olivera Screenwriter

From Todd Doogan's review @ The Digital Bits...

3. Carl C

Carl C Stunt Coordinator

I'm a proud owner of this box set. Even though the tranfers and soundtracks are pretty much crap across the board (most are Fullscreen) it's still worth owning if you're a fan of the series.

I love the little maulers. One of my favorite guilty guilty pleasures.

4. Mitch Stevens

Mitch Stevens Supporting Actor

I too, have this boxed set, and I love it, except for one problem with part 3. I have asked other people about this question, but no one gives me an answer. Here it goes again, to anyone that owns the boxed set:

My part 3 DVD has sound coming ONLY from the left speaker. Absolutely no sound coming from the center speaker or the right speaker. Is that how ALL the part 3 discs are, or did I get a defective disk in the box?

5. Ken Bentley

Ken Bentley Second Unit

ok thanks well i am goign to get this set. i love the series...

well when i get my set i will let ya know bout disc 3 adn the sound...

6. Kent Nelson

Kent Nelson Agent

I picked this one up when it was released (2 years ago?), and my part 3 sound only comes from the left speaker, as well. Very frustrating since part 3 is my favorite of the set. I complained to an employee of the store I got it from and was told that it was most likely too small of a release for any sort of a fix to be done by the manufacturer. I'll live with it, but an apology from the manufacturer or admission of the problem would be nice...