What's new

Does Anyone here own Puppet Master Box Set?? (1 Viewer)

Ken Bentley

Second Unit
hi i am thinking bout buying this set. i have been offer to purchase it. my question is. is this box set worth owning. i love the moives. but have heard half good and half bad thngs bout the set.. lmk thanks...

video sound etc.. thanks

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
From Todd Doogan's review @ The Digital Bits...
This new box set from Full Moon preserves all the films on our favorite digital format in okay form. They're all full frame on DVD, but keep in mind that they were all shot that way for video, so you're not missing anything. All of the discs could be better - that's a given. If you've seen anything from Full Moon on DVD in the past, you know what I'm talking about. The blacks are not as solid as they could be, with NTSC noise and artifcating everywhere. Some are better than others, but generally speaking, they're all pretty much lacking video-wise. You know you have problems when you can tell that the company's logo looks like it was taken off a faulty video master tape. The audio is just okay as well. The film audio is better than the audio on the supplements at least. I'll get into that more in the next paragraph. It's more a mono mix than stereo, but it's okay. I wouldn't expect 5.1 soundfield for any of these films, but it would be nice wouldn't it?
I think the set is OOP now, so if you can get one, I'd say go ahead. There's not likely to be any Special Editions released in the future...

Carl C

Stunt Coordinator
I'm a proud owner of this box set. Even though the tranfers and soundtracks are pretty much crap across the board (most are Fullscreen) it's still worth owning if you're a fan of the series.

I love the little maulers. One of my favorite guilty guilty pleasures.

Mitch Stevens

Supporting Actor
I too, have this boxed set, and I love it, except for one problem with part 3. I have asked other people about this question, but no one gives me an answer. Here it goes again, to anyone that owns the boxed set:

My part 3 DVD has sound coming ONLY from the left speaker. Absolutely no sound coming from the center speaker or the right speaker. Is that how ALL the part 3 discs are, or did I get a defective disk in the box?

Ken Bentley

Second Unit
ok thanks well i am goign to get this set. i love the series...

well when i get my set i will let ya know bout disc 3 adn the sound...

Kent Nelson

Agent
I picked this one up when it was released (2 years ago?), and my part 3 sound only comes from the left speaker, as well. Very frustrating since part 3 is my favorite of the set. I complained to an employee of the store I got it from and was told that it was most likely too small of a release for any sort of a fix to be done by the manufacturer. I'll live with it, but an apology from the manufacturer or admission of the problem would be nice...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks