Does anyone have the Halloween Extended Version DVD?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StephenA, Jun 18, 2002.

1. StephenA

StephenA Screenwriter

Nov 30, 2001
    How is it? What are the extended scenes? Is it worth the 15 dollars? I have the original cut on DVD, and was wondering if I should have both.
  2. Jim_K

Jim_K Executive Producer

Apr 7, 2000
    Save your money you're not missing anything. I bought it & sold it right away. The extra scenes add nothing to the story & it actually scews up the pacing of the film.
    This is IMO of course.
    BTW Anchor Bay has a 25th anniversary Edition planned for 2003. It might include both versions if you can wait that long.
  3. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Jul 14, 1999
    Chad Rouch
    The simple history of the extended cut is that after the film was a hit, NBC wanted to buy it to air, but after the necessary cuts it was too short. So during the production of Halloween II Carpenter shot filler to fill the time slot. So the extended scenes aren't a director's cut by any means. They really add very little to the mythos since anything revealed in them was revealed in II, and honestly it's more fun playing out that way.

I have the two disc set and I've only ever skipped through the extended cut as a curiosity, but other than that I stick to the theatrical cut.