What's new

Does anyone have or has anyone seen the Miles Davis *Birth of the Third Stream* CD? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
If you have any of the Columbia remastered Miles Davis CDs, you know that they come with lists of Miles Davis Columbia CDs in a booklet and/or on the back insert under the CD tray. On many of these lists, I see The Birth of the Third Stream. In fact, on the list included with The Best Of The Miles Davis Quintet (1965-1968), there is a catalog number for The Birth of the Third Stream (CK 64929). The problem is that I have never seen The Birth of the Third Stream anywhere. Was this CD ever released? The catalog number indicates that it is a newer title, so I wouldn't expect it to be out of print already. Besides, I have never seen it on eBay, and out-of-print CDs turn up there regularly. What is the deal with this title? Would CK 64929 represent a remastered version of The Birth of the Third Stream or a first release? Again, I have never seen any version of The Birth of the Third Stream on CD. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
James, thanks. Allmusicguide.com says the album is in print. Unfortunately, a search of the eBay CD section for "third steam" yielded nothing. Ditto for a search of half.com.
[c]:confused:[/c]

JackJD

Stunt Coordinator
Keith,
Try an ebay search for "third stream"...
There's a couple of things there. I'd provide a link but I believe forum rules prohibit it.
Hope this helps... Cheers, JD

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jack,
I am a total jacka$$. I can't believe I misread the title on those Miles Davis listings. The title is The Birth of the Third Stream. That's O.K. A search of the eBay CD section for "third stream" yielded nothing either. :frowning:
Mike,
I noticed the same thing. It is not a Miles Davis title per se. However, it is included in some versions of the Miles Davis Columbia catalog listings. Perhaps it is available, but I haven't been able to find it because it isn't filed in stores under Miles Davis. Hmmm....

JackJD

Stunt Coordinator
Keith,

There is a reissue LP new & sealed if you're into that thing...

Cheers, JD

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jack,

Thanks for the tip. I rarely buy LPs these days and would prefer to find it on CD. Of course, it may not exist on CD.

Lee,

Thanks for the Chesky news. Do you know which artists will be on this tribute album?

Users who are viewing this thread