Does anyone have confirmation of what Samsung model is same as Dell Ultrasharp?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Vince Maskeeper, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Last year we got some 15 inch ultrasharps in at my office- and I loved them- best looking LCD I had seen. Now I have one on my desk and I'm REALLY in love with this display.

I wanted to get a few for the house- but the $399 price point was a turn off- and I vowed to wait for a sale putting them at $299- and then I'd get 3-4 of them.

Well, they have never dipped that low (although because I work for a university, they get them all day long at $270!!)- and I've read and researched and found that the 15 inch ultras were made by Samsung.

I've seen samsung's 150s, 150n, 151s, 151n, 152B, and 152T for right around $300. Because I have no opportunity to look at these displays directly, I have no real idea of knowing which live up to the things I like about the Dell.

So, I'm trying to figure out which panel is in the dell. Someone told me Tom's Hardware had info, but I had no luck.

Can someone fill me in on Samsung-- and even if you don't know which one the dell is- I'd happily listen to any statements from Samsung owners

2. John*K

John*K Stunt Coordinator

I'm sorry that I don't have the info you seek, but I can definitely vouch for Samsung tech support and cust. service. I had some problems with my monitor, so I called up the the tech support line. Got through immediately on a Monday morning. They authorized and shipped a replacement that day. I didn't have to pay for a thing; they took care of everything. Plus, the display looks great. Good displays are always worth the money.

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

I'd love to just buy a Samsung- but I know nothing about their models and have no idea if what I buy will be comparable to the stuff I enjoy about the Dell.

Ugh.

-V