Does anyone have any thoughts or comments on the Samsung TXN3245FP ?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Ralph C., Sep 24, 2003.

1. Ralph C.

Ralph C. Auditioning

Hi,
    I have just purchased this set and would love to hear from some of you in regards to the potential this TV has. I have just recently finished my basement and I am putting together a semi Theater room down there. I have a reciever capable of digital signal/surround sound and a Progresive scan DVD to start with. I am looking for input on how to perform basic setup, so I posted my first thread asking about how to change settings from what I believe are 480i to 1080i (not quite sure what this means) but I have heard this TV has this hidden capability inside of it, and was also looking for some input on this as well.

P.S. no luck on my first thread maybe I am not making sense if this is so please let me know as this is kind of all new to me.

Thanks for your time/patience
    Ralph C.

2. Mando-R

Mando-R Stunt Coordinator

I work at Circuit City. Is that where you purchased this tube? If so, I hope you got the Extended Service Plan. Samsung TV's are GREAT... They have excellent image quality, even on par with Sony's XBR's, but they are EXTREMELY tempremental. Any small nudge or wrong push and the TV goes dead or haywire on you.

As for 480-1080... There is a hack for the TV that allows you to run high definition on the regular components. I know because a coworker recommended this tv to me, for that purpose. You have to dig a little deeper for that hack though. Most of the registered users on this forum run Sony VVega's, or projection type dispay's.

3. Ralph C.

Ralph C. Auditioning

Thanks for your reply, actually I did buy at C.City but did not buy the ESP. Do I have time after the sale to purchase? And where might I dig for more info on changing the settings? -Thanks again, Ralph