Does anyone have any pictures of DIY subs with a sandstone or off white finish

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ronnie Ferrell, Jul 19, 2002.

1. Ronnie Ferrell

Ronnie Ferrell Second Unit

I love the look of a big glossy black sub just as much as anyone but...

The WAF is very high in my household so it is taking some doing to get a 22"x22"x25" sub approved.

I think it would help out if I had pictures to show her of subs that were camouflaged in a room as much as possible. (In-wall or in-ceiling mounting is out of the question.) Our room is an off white color and she's into the "shabby sheik" look. So I figured a sandstone or off white finish might help me sell her on the idea.

thanks,

rf

2. Rob Lloyd

Rob Lloyd Stunt Coordinator

I build one for someone.
    Link to picture
    It also has my current progress of another speaker I'm working on but you can see what you want on the bottom.

3. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I was looking into making my sub look more like an end table: downfiring with legs, a false drawer or two on the front, and a table type top on it. You could then paint it or treat it to match any other type of furniture.

4. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Dave,

I'll be doing something very similar when the new Adire 15 is available!

Brian

5. Nathan Bower

Nathan Bower Extra

When I primed my 3cft NHT1259 box (bright white) it looked so badass I had to take a picture of it.
    Unfortunatly not with a digital camera. May be able to get my hands on a digicam sometime this weekend, if I do ill take a photo of a photo for you [​IMG]
    People say white makes something look big, but I didnt really notice any difference...

6. Joe Meissner

Joe Meissner Stunt Coordinator

would she like something like this
    [​IMG]
    my wife loves it!!!!!! the green is done with the rustoleum crackel paint. it is hard to see in the picture but it looks pretty nice. they have a few different colors of it. but the green matched our border.