1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone have any experience with Definitive Technology BPX speakers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Carr, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Stunt Coordinator

I'm interested in using them as my surrounds. Ihave a denon 5800 powering them.

thanks!

Jim

2. Scott Ryan

Scott Ryan Auditioning

I have used four of the BPX surrounds in my system for two years. They were used as side surrounds and back surrounds. I powered them and the BP2000TL's with my Integra DTR 9.1 .I had them mounted on wall brackets. I liked them a lot. They worked well in my set up.

I am almost finished with the new HT/Family Room combo. As the WAF was very high on this new room, there would be no free standing or on wall speakers this time. All would be in-wall. So, I went with Triad's this time and will have an SVS sub soon.

I now have no use for the BPX's...

3. Mike Sloan

Mike Sloan Second Unit

The BPX's are excellent surround speakers. They exhibit a very wide sound stage and are extremely robust in their ability to play loud and clean. I had a situation where I could not place the rears on the sides..and had to place them on the rear walls...very close to the seating position. Because of their "Bi-polar" characteristics...they were the best speaker for the job. Trust me...they sound great!

4. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Stunt Coordinator

Awesome, thanks guys!

5. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

I've got a pair of BP2X's that I use for my rears, mounted high on the wall. They work well enough that I never really think about them. They are also a pretty decent match to my Klipsch Reference mains / center.

6. umit

umit Extra

I also think to buy Def Tech surrounds. instead of BPX, if i choose Def Tech BP6 passive towers?? What do you say??