Does anyone have any experience with Definitive Technology BPX speakers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Carr, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Stunt Coordinator

I'm interested in using them as my surrounds. Ihave a denon 5800 powering them.

thanks!

Jim

2. Scott Ryan

Scott Ryan Auditioning

I have used four of the BPX surrounds in my system for two years. They were used as side surrounds and back surrounds. I powered them and the BP2000TL's with my Integra DTR 9.1 .I had them mounted on wall brackets. I liked them a lot. They worked well in my set up.

I am almost finished with the new HT/Family Room combo. As the WAF was very high on this new room, there would be no free standing or on wall speakers this time. All would be in-wall. So, I went with Triad's this time and will have an SVS sub soon.

I now have no use for the BPX's...

3. Mike Sloan

Mike Sloan Second Unit

The BPX's are excellent surround speakers. They exhibit a very wide sound stage and are extremely robust in their ability to play loud and clean. I had a situation where I could not place the rears on the sides..and had to place them on the rear walls...very close to the seating position. Because of their "Bi-polar" characteristics...they were the best speaker for the job. Trust me...they sound great!

4. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Stunt Coordinator

Awesome, thanks guys!

5. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

I've got a pair of BP2X's that I use for my rears, mounted high on the wall. They work well enough that I never really think about them. They are also a pretty decent match to my Klipsch Reference mains / center.

6. umit

umit Extra

I also think to buy Def Tech surrounds. instead of BPX, if i choose Def Tech BP6 passive towers?? What do you say??