Does anyone has experience with Yamakawa DVD-328?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by vasia, Jun 16, 2004.

1. vasia

vasia Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    Ecost has these for about 30$ with rebates. They are region-free, progressive scan, PAL/NTSC. Sounds pretty good. Does anyone has any experience with how reliable they are and what is the picture/sound quality?
    Thanks!

2. vasia

vasia Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    Ecost has these for about 30$ with rebates. They are region-free, progressive scan, PAL/NTSC. Sounds pretty good. Does anyone has any experience with how reliable they are and what is the picture/sound quality?
    Thanks!

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    I’m sure it looks and sounds fine, but don’t expect anything that cheap to last long. If it lasts a year you’ll be lucky. However, depending on how much you use it, that may be enough to get your money’s worth.

If your budget is really that low, I suggest looking for a used name-brand player. I’ve seen older models that were highly regarded and cost hundreds of dollars when they came out sell on eBay dirt cheap.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

4. vasia

vasia Stunt Coordinator

I do not have any specific budget for it. I just have a bunch of russian DVDs, which I would like to play and smth. for 30$ seems like a total steal for me, unless the picture/sound quality is total garbage (it should not be "superior" either, though). Durabilty is not an issue either, since I'll not use it a primary source. However, I cannot figure out if this model is any good at all, or I'll get total crap for the image/sound quality.