Does anyone even know George Lopez is on?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by josh4040, Apr 4, 2002.

1. josh4040

josh4040 Second Unit

[rant]I can not believe no one has seen this show! It is hilarious[/rant]

I know it is a tough time slot but that is what having a dual tuner or multiple tvs is all about!

[rant]Hang on tough time slot???? 60 minutes ed and the 80's show come on ppl give him a try![/rant]

2. VicRuiz

VicRuiz Second Unit

Who???

3. Marque D

Marque D Stunt Coordinator

I caught it yesterday after my mom told me that it was a funny show. I liked it. [​IMG]
    Here's a interview that was in last weeks HDTV Magazine with the shows executive producer.
    HDTV MAGAZINE INTERVIEW
    EDITOR'S NOTE:
    Today I spoke with Bruce Helford one of the Executive Producers of 'The George Lopez Show'.
    Bruce Helford began his producing career on the series 'The Bronx Zoo', which starred Edward Asner. Next, he was a creative consultant on 'Family Ties'. In 1991, he was co-executive producer of 'Anything But Love'. During his tenure as executive producer of 'Roseanne' in the 1992-93 season, the show was honored with a Peabody Award and a
    Humanitas Prize.
    He is also currently executive producer and co-creator of 'The Drew Carey Show' and 'Nikki'. In addition, he also served as executive producer of 'The Oblongs', an animated series for The WB Network.
    HDTV Magazine:
    Bruce, would you give our readers a quick glimpse of 'The George Lopez Show'?
    Bruce Helford:
    A lot of it comes from George's stand-up routine and about his life.
    He grew up with a very tough Mom and, as you know, had a rough upbringing. He's a guy who works at this aircraft parts factory - who worked his way up. Now, he's plant manager. His Mom works there too, so,
    so he can't get rid of her - she's in his life at work, she's in his life when he's at home. It's about a guy raising a family.
    Unique is George's perspective, George being Latino - it's a perspective we haven't seen on TV in a long time.
    HDTV Magazine:
    It will be great to have that perspective on network television in America.
    Bruce Helford:
    Yes. We are really excited about it.
    HDTV Magazine:
    Is there anything specific you have tried with HD in mind?
    Bruce Helford:
    Not yet. Things like a kid's party in the back yard. That kind of stuff, those kinds of scenes on regular format TV aren't as alive as they should be. They will be great in HDTV. We haven't done anything tricky yet because it is a brand new show, so, we are focusing on character.
    On the 'Drew Carey Show' we have done stuff that really pops. We are looking forward to doing stuff like that.
    HDTV Magazine:
    Anything specific you would like to mention to America's HDTV owners?
    Bruce Helford:
    We are very lucky that people care about the quality of transmission and what things look like on TV. It would be very easy to accept the standard way of doing things and not go to this sharp, wonderful new format. People should be very happy that we have access to this kind of
    technology - it makes watching TV a better experience.
    HDTV Magazine:
    From your perspective as a producer what is the buzz on HDTV?
    Bruce Helford:
    At this point in time, it is figuring out how to do this. We watch the picture a lot differently than we used to - the framing and all of those kind of things. It is getting this process down. I think we are getting to the point now that we are starting to get it right - the transferring
    and all of the things that must be done to make this right.
    We're still in the growth stage - still having the growing pains of figuring out how to do this. But, it just gets better and better each time as we go along. We are figuring it out. It's really terrific.
    HDTV Magazine:
    How many episodes of 'The George Lopez Show' are forthcoming?
    Bruce Helford:
    Four episodes. We were giving a very late go. We were fast-tracked - they put us on the air very quickly we didn't have time to do more than four. We are very excited about coming back next Fall and doing a full season all in HDTV.
    HDTV Magazine:
    Thank you for your time Bruce, we certainly appreciate it.
    Bruce Helford:
    My pleasure.

4. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Yeah. I was suprised myself. It was actually pretty funny. I'm only catching it because that's where 'According to Jim' is usually on.

Now there's an underrated show, IMHO. According to Jim can be pretty funny.