What's new

Does anyone else watch The-N? (1 Viewer)

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
My girlfriend and I stumbled across this new network a few months ago while channel surfing. It was running repeats of Daria and we tuned in. It is a network aimed at middle school/freshman students.
The daytime it shows old Nick stuff, mostly the educational stuff. At night it shows some cool older shows like Pete and Pete and Daria, as well as some shows that are from other countries.

I hate to say it, but I am hooked watching these shows on here. Sure, they are geared towards middle schoolers, but all the things in them you can relate to if you are under 25 I think. Also, the shows deal with things much differently than american shows.

There is a New Zealand show called Being Eve. It is kinda like a high school Ally McBeal in my opinion. It was interesting seeing a teenage show tackle issues like interacial dating and dealing with death without getting preachy and heavy handed.
The other show is a Canadian show called Degrassi, set in a middle school. Again, the issues like drugs and whatnot are handled very tastefully here, without the preachiness and controversy of American TV. I guess it is the way these shows are handled that make them so intriguing to me. Hell, the preview of next weeks episode shows how one of the many main characters has to deal with getting a hardon when girls are nearby, and having to hide it while in school and in public, since he cant control it. What American show would ever do that!!??? Every man has experienced that, and that is what makes the fact that they have an episode about one of lifes most embarrassing moments makes it seem different.

These shows are a guilty pleasure I hate to say. Has anyone else watched this network, or am I the only one?

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I watch it for Daria and The Adventures of Pete and Pete (which I finally found the soundtrack for). My only complaint is that they have cut out about 3 minutes of each Daria episode.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Hey, it is on every night on this channel. They showed the "Inspector 34" episode

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks