What's new

Does anyone else want the Jackie Gleason Show on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter
I've just discovered the old Judy Garland Show on DVD. The quality of these old videotaped shows still look incredible. Then I started thinking "What about the Jackie Gleason Show from the 60s? While we know the old kinescopes of the Honeymooners sketches from the 50s now exist on several different DVD sets, how about the 60s Jackie Gleason show? I remember that show as a classic, not only with Honeymooners sketches, but his other great characters like the Poor Soul, Reginald Van Gleason, Joe the Bartender and others. Man I would LOVE to see that show again! I even remember that great opening with the camera on the ocean closing in on the Miami shoreline..."From the sun and fun capital of the world, Miami Beach...It's the Jackie Gleason Show!" Wow I really hope they release this show...At this point I'd even settle for a "Best of"...Anything, just put some episodes out, please!

JasonPW

Stunt Coordinator
Hear hear!

This is one of those titles that's just sitting around waiting for one of those really good Guthy-Renker, Shout Factory or Respon2 sets to be made.

Let's get it on, while Art Carney is alive for interviews and commentary. At the very least, a set of the "Trip to Europe" 60's Honeymooners should be out--but a sample of the non-Honeymooners sketches and guest stars would be really sweet.

Jason

Carlos Garcia

Screenwriter

Jason, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you, but Art Carney passed away on November 9th, 2003. We still have Sheila MacCrae and Jane Kean with us though, and it would be great to hear their recollections on this TV classic!

JasonPW

Stunt Coordinator
you know, as soon as i sent that i started thinking i might be wrong on that.:b

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Great show. Actually I think Paul Brownstein, the man behind the great Van Dyke DVDs on Image, may own this show (I see his name at the end of the credits for the Color Honeymooners showings on Goodlife).

If that's the case, I would say that there is a good chance this will eventually be released. Many of his properties are out or coming out.

See www.tvclassics.com for a list of properties he's involved in.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks