Does anyone else use these speaker stands from Partsexpress?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_M, Mar 7, 2002.

1. Jeff_M

Jeff_M Stunt Coordinator

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...=4929&CATID=49
    Just purchased these stand for use with some Norh SM 6.9 speakers. They are built like a tank! Really nice looking as well. I purchased these stands specifically for the oversized top plate (8 3/4" x 9 3/4"). The large bases on the Norhs require a large surface such as this. Does anyone else use this fantastic stand? I ask this because I am unsure who the manufacturer is. I would love to use this exact same stand for my surround speakers (also Norh SM 6.9's). Because of the height of my couch, I need these stands to be at least 31" tall. The tallest version of this stand I see on the site is 24". Does anyone know where I could get a taller version? Who manufactures these? Does anyone know of a 31" or taller speaker with a similarly sized top plate. Thanks in advance!

2. Cliff

Cliff Stunt Coordinator

Jeff,
    I use 28" Sanus Steel Foundations (also available in 32") for my 32-lb speakers. See listings here (click on "Audio", then "Foundations"). Although these include a 6x6.5" top plate, I use their 8x8.5" top plates, which I purchased separately. These stands do not have as good a price as those in your link, but they are very sturdy and work fine with the larger top plates.
    Good luck!
    Cliff

3. Dan W.

Dan W. Auditioning

Jeff,
    Can't give you any specific advice at this time on that particular stand, but I have purchased them and they are due to arrive at my house this afternoon! [​IMG]
    I bought these to hold the Audax HT left/right speakers, which I bought from Madisound (I really wimped out on the DIY thing and bought the pre-built cabinets too). These speakers are also due to be delivered this afternoon!
    UPS is going to love me today. [​IMG]
    When I get them setup later, I'll post my impressions.
    BTW, I live up near Nashua. Nice to see another Bostonian.
    Regards,
    Dan W.