What's new

Does anyone else miss the late comedian Phil Hartman? (1 Viewer)

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
Truly gifted comedic actor. I first saw him on the original Pee Wee HBO special, as Captain Carl.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
I miss Troy McClure...
...and Lionel Hutz. :frowning:
Yep, he was a truly gifted comedian. Thank goodness for Simpsons and NewsRadio reruns. And, of course, SNL; his Ed McMahon impression nearly made we wet myself a few times.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Not only do I miss Phil Hartman, but I also miss John Candy and Chris Farley.
Here here. Although Hartman is the only 1 out of the 3 that didnt really kill himself so I feel more compassion for him.(though Chris Farley was one of my personal favs) They were all great comedians that will be missed especially when you wonder what else they would have had to offer if they were still around.

KyleS

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Not a single episodes of post-Hartman Simpsons goes by without me missing him. :frowning:
/Mike

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
I miss Chris Farley so much I sometimes become Matt Foley the motivational speaker. To bad I don't really live in a van down by the river. Oh well....people do really miss him though as well as Phil Hartman. I can't count how may times people have said that to me after my little skit....the memories.....

StephenA

Screenwriter
I also miss Phil Hartman, Chris Farley, and John Candy. They were all funny, but in different ways. They'll be sorely missed and can't be replaced.

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
I'll show my age and say that I miss John Belushi.

- Steve

Frederick

Second Unit
Ah, yes ... the Simpsons. And SNL. Come to think of it, I LOVED the tv show with Phil as a radio news anchor. I can't remember the name of it right now, but I watched it faithfully when it was on. It was truely sad when he left us :frowning: ...

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
What a tragic end for a great comdeian. Phil Hartman is sorely missed. I loved his impression of Clinton, and everything else he touched turned to gold. May he rest in peace.

Ron Etaylor

Second Unit
Yep, Phil was a funny man. Troy McClure was a favorite. I remember him from such films as "The Greatest Story Ever Hula'd".

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
I'll always laugh out loud every time I get to see Hartman's spoof of Ross Perot's runningmate Admiral James Stockdale.

Jarrod_L

Stunt Coordinator
Phil was a great actor, comedian, and had been an accomplished graphic artist before SNL.

His Clinton was great, and his cheesy "TV guy" voice that eventually became Hugh MacAttack (remember those McDonald's commercials?) and the great Troy McClure (you might remember me from...)always made me smile.

Captain Karl (from the HBO Pee Wee special) was one of the icons from my childhood.

I even sat through that living toy movie because of him.

He is most definitely missed.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I miss Phil. His voice of Lyle Langley in the Monorail episode is great, too. I remember Troy McClure from such educational films as One Minus Two Equals Negative FUN!!!

And who can forget the classic driver's ed film 'The Decapitation of Larry Leadfoot.'

Troy: 'Now here's an appealing fellow,
in fact, they're a-peeling him off the road.'

Homer: Hee-hee, it's funny cuz I don't know him.

Seriously, I really do miss him and Simpsons has not been the same w/o him.
How very true.

I got teary-eyed when they put a dedication up for him after a show. It had a picture of Troy McClure and Lionel Hutz, with the note "In Loving Memory of our friend Phil Hartman.'

StephenA

Screenwriter
The show where he was a news anchor is called Newsradio. Great show. It went downhill after Phil Hartman died. They replaced him with Jon Lovitz, who could never fill Hartman's shoes.

Gui A

Supporting Actor
I miss him too.
There was a webpage a while ago that listed all of Troy McClure's acting gigs.
It was called the Stellear Acting Career of Troy McClure.
Sadly, that page is gone.
but thanks to the web.archive.org project, it's back and it's here!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks